round of 2 halves

hellbunker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
played my 1st medal yesterday and shot a 78 net...but heres the turd in the pipe....i was 11 over for three par 3's! i started 4, 4, 9! :eek: , out in 49 back in 42. I guess the best thing from the round was the recovery...2 or 3 three years ago my whole round would have been goosed... anybody else got any horror stories from the weekend..?

D

Deleted member 1147

Yes - as mentioned in an earlier thread I hit 7 or 8 shots fat, something I never normally do!

Driving was fantastic (although I nearly lost one ball, plugged in the centre of the fairway), but irons somehow went totally wrong.

But I just keep saying to myself "come summer it'll all come together"

Glenfish

Club Champion
Visit site
41 Putts??? Sounds like my round, my short game is ruining my round, regularly get to the fringe in 2 only then to take 4 more shots to sink the ball!! Such a massive part of the game,
Seems strange, you go to the range and see loads of guys using irons and woods from the bays but hardly any on the putting/chipping greens.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
No horrors as such but my ball striking is not great. Fortunately my putting is saving my scores but there is no zip to any of my shots. Did have an 8 on a par 5 yesterday but that was as bad as it has been