rory to play masters

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
he's been given a special invite. looks like he's not too injured after all if he's playing in events he didn't have to

British masters that is😀

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
About time!

Maybe he heard about your bet? Lol

He could have really helped launch it playing last 2 years

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
i heard rory talking about it on the "no laying up pod cast"

he said he missed the 3 week cut off but was given a special invite

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just listening to the podcast now, he said they are keeping an invite for him should he not get to the tour championship which he hasn't (podcast recorded on Friday). Missed the cut off to get in under the normal rules in Europe for tournaments.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just listening to the podcast now, he said they are keeping an invite for him should he not get to the tour championship which he hasn't (podcast recorded on Friday). Missed the cut off to get in under the normal rules in Europe for tournaments.

he said. "I'm going to play another couple of tournaments in Europe . they have held a spot open for me at the masters"

U

User62651

Mortgage must be biting if he needs to come over here and play a minor tournament rather than put his feet up by the pool whilst the big boys are teeing it up in the US at the Tour Championship. Must be a hefty appearance fee in it. He should rest up and then concentrate on getting fit for next season imho:p

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Moogie you are showing your age. The Bigg Market is soooooooo 1980's :D.

Now that you are a member at this exclusive establishment will you be getting special access or will you have to buy tickets like the rest of us?

YamiKuriboh

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As Rory said himself, he's playing just for his sponsors now.

“Some decisions aren’t completely up to the individual,” McIlroy said. “There were outside expectation from elsewhere. I played these events for two reasons: thinking that I still had a chance, but also trying to fulfil obligations elsewhere. So there were two parts of it.”

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Moogie you are showing your age. The Bigg Market is soooooooo 1980's :D.

Now that you are a member at this exclusive establishment will you be getting special access or will you have to buy tickets like the rest of us?

Free tickets mate , for the full week , a season ticket as its called.
Via the club membership
Plus a pass for the members car park

Looking forward to it.....big names, great news for the region:thup:

brickie

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi moogie, I'm parking the campervan on a site in Wylam for the week. Will I be able to gain access to the course from the cycle path or elsewhere without having to use the entrance from the main road?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Free tickets mate , for the full week , a season ticket as its called.
Via the club membership
Plus a pass for the members car park

Looking forward to it.....big names, great news for the region:thup:

Totally agree. It should be a big boost for the area and NE golf in particular.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Chatting with Jezz on twitter re this , i 100% agree its great he playing , BUT, is it fair and right ?
If he had qualified for fedex he would not have given masters a second thought They hold a space for him denying a guy trying to make a living a space for a multi millionare whos only here coz he missed out on the main event in USA..

no doubt its a massive capture for organisers and they want him there to draw bigger crowds ,
Whhats ye'r thoughts on it ?.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Chatting with Jezz on twitter re this , i 100% agree its great he playing , BUT, is it fair and right ?
If he had qualified for fedex he would not have given masters a second thought They hold a space for him denying a guy trying to make a living a space for a multi millionare whos only here coz he missed out on the main event in USA..

no doubt its a massive capture for organisers and they want him there to draw bigger crowds ,
Whhats ye'r thoughts on it ?.

i see your point but I think its more sponsor obligation more than desire to play

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
He's box office. It's like Tiger at his peak. If Rory turns up there is more publicity, more coverage, more buzz. In the brutal world of sport the person missing out because of Rory is not good enough yet. Harsh but ask the tournament organisers and spectators who they want there.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
He's box office. It's like Tiger at his peak. If Rory turns up there is more publicity, more coverage, more buzz. In the brutal world of sport the person missing out because of Rory is not good enough yet. Harsh but ask the tournament organisers and spectators who they want there.
Yep totaly agree , money talks ,
id be a rory fan aswell , but like u say its big business, no room for sentiment in the good ole game