RIP Sean Lock

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Absolutely gutted to hear of the death of comedian Sean Lock from cancer. I had no idea he was ill.

Some of the stuff he came out with, especially on 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, made me cry tears of laughter.

RIP Sean. ?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very sad news, amazing comedy talent with incredible delivery and timing … will be missed greatly

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Shocked and saddened. Often watch 8 out of 10 cats on YouTube. Too many of my favs gone in the last couple of years.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
We saw him live in Canterbury a while back before Covid. On the night it was a really poor performance and, if I remember correctly, he cancelled the rest of the tour. I'm now wondering if that was the beginning of the end for him and a real shame as he seemed a genuinely funny and nice guy, how hard must have it been to go on stage to do comedy for him - so sorry to hear this news.

Swango1980

Visit site
I'm sure there will be plenty of people taking to youtube today to watch montages of him, he was hilarious, especially on 8 out of 10 cats. Never quite took to him in stand up comedy, I suspect he was the type better suited to panel shows. Can't believe he was even ill for some time, he kept that very quiet in the day and age of snoopy journalists. Horrible news.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
a real shock, thought he wà very funny with a very querky stye. Some of the funniest moments on 8OTC were down to him.
A great loss

D

Deleted member 15344

He was brilliant on 8 out of 10 Cats ,

Some of the stuff he did with Miles was brilliant

Very sad news

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We went to his standup show 10+ yrs ago. Excellent. Also loved his recent cameo on Diane Morgan’s excellent Mandy. Will be much missed.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This came as a huge shock. He was a very funny and well-loved TV personality and he'll be sorely missed. His humour was really unique and irreplaceable I think. :(

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
On his last few appearances on Cats do Countdown, Mrs B had commented that he looked very tired & drawn. Sadly, we now know why. Gonna miss him. Very funny as he seemed to view the world from a few degrees skewed than the rest of us. RIP.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
One of my favourite comedians, loved his humour and have watched a fair bit of YouTube since I heard the news.

This is one of my favourites, 9mins 25 secs in, The Tiger Who Came for a Pint.