Returning to Golf

Horza67

Visit site
As the title suggests, been away from the game for about 6 years, looking to get back and wanting some advice

I left when playing off a 2 handicap, going through my clubs I feel I need something a little more forgiving than my Callaway X-Forged, what recommendations can you give for a decent iron that has a bit more forgiveness but still decent control

Many Thanks in advance

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Spend some time on the range and learn to hit the X forged again - great clubs. I certainly would not be looking to change to 7 -PW at or maybe even the 6-PW.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
off that handicap you clearly have the ability to play. I would invest in a couple of lessons and get the basics checked over and the swing looked at and then hit plenty of balls. I am sure at your level you'll soon get back in the groove and so be able to use the Callaways.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Agree with the others - if you were off 2 I doubt you need more forgiving clubs, probably won't take you too long to get back into the 'swing' of things.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Spend the money on some coaching, probably going to be more valuable than spending it on clubs you will likely not need for more than a few months.