Return to Golf in Scotland

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Forecast was heavy rain so we went out with waterproofs on - weather came to nothing really - had a relatively heavy shower for 15 minutes or so around the turn and a bit of drizzle on the front nine, but it had all gone by the time we played the back nine - got off the 18th, walked the 800 yards home and had just put clubs and trolleys away when the heavens opened - it's pouring now and has been for a while.

The two guys in front of us were quick and the pair behind us slower so we had our bit of the course to ourselves - millionaires golf.

Much better irons tonight and driving is the best it's ever been, course is nice and brown and playing short, rough looks evil but isn't quite as bad to find the ball or play out of as it appears, loving it - can't wait for another hit on Thursday.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, without trying to offend, I think NB is over-rated whereas the Glen is under-rated. Not a great start at the Glen but lots of great holes. 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 - 18 are excellent.
The only problem I had the first time I played (in a pair as a member's guest) was having to follow four Americans each having a caddy. When we caught them on about the 4th I thought it was a group of ramblers who has got lost. But I loved the course. Stayed at the Marine Hotel with a room overlooking the course.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I love it too, the first 18 hole course I ever played and still one of my favourites - it's in brilliant condition and lovely to play at the moment.

A friend of mine is a country member there and we play both courses on a regular basis particularly through the winter. It is one of the courses that is over shadowed by Carnoustie but in my opinion well worth a visit if in the area.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
A friend of mine is a country member there and we play both courses on a regular basis particularly through the winter. It is one of the courses that is over shadowed by Carnoustie but in my opinion well worth a visit if in the area.
played Monfieth a dozens of times and would agree, very underrated, always enjoyable, never played the other course though

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played 9 again this afternoon, played better than Sunday but still searching a bit, but that is to be expected. Short game was coming back, struggling distance wise but didn't hit any chunks or thins. So on the way back.