Return to Golf in Scotland

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
looks like a swamp;):LOL:
Oh yeah. Absolute quagmire :LOL:;)
Course was in great condition. Really a joy to play on but to be honest it was just good to get out. Mr and my playing partner both agreed though that we were really missing the social side as well. We're both looking forward to be able to meet in the clubhouse again.
Play was a bit up and down but on the positive side I kept the same ball all round despite my best effort at losing it!

Last edited:

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played 9 this afternoon, started off great with a par on the first. Then it went all down hill, full shots were fine but my short game has completely deserted me. Still had a great time though and really happy to be back playing.

Just need to see when I can get it again.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well, yesterday was a stark reminder of how hard golf actually is on the course and not in the back garden working on the swing.
Started off Par, Birdie (two par 5s) but then the wheels, if they didn't come off, certainly went a bit wonky.
Because of my shoulder injury I can't hit the ball as far as I used to. I think a proper well hit deive was carrying 200 max, now that was working for me with rock hard fairways but I think I might be in some bother when they soften up.
In fact the advantage on the two par 5s was that I could play it shorter but straighter than I used to and had a better "on in reg" chance.

Tiredness set in around 14 though and I think that's where it caught me out the most. Overall though it was a very enjoyable day and the sunshine certainly helped.

We have re-ordered the course as well to avoid the "cross-over" holes where 3, 7, 4, 6 and the path to 14 all closely intersect.
So we now play 1-3, then 7-13, then on to 4-6 and then 14-18. For me, the course actuallt flows better like that and hope they keep it. But I doubt they will.
It was interesting to note that, even naturally, the 14th is still the 14th no matter which layout you use. Or at least it was interesting to me ?

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Tee off in 30mins a little nervous like my first day back at school, not expecting much out of today's round but it will be great to be back

Tommy10

Visit site
I'm playing again on Wednesday, here's a wee pic of a cruise ship going up the river past my course early this morning.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Managed to get out yesterday and again today. 2 balls each day, widely spaced so round in 3 hrs of millionaires golf in the sunshine. Short game a bit rusty the first day but better today. Course is fast and firm making for fun on the approaches - perfect old-skool links conditions :)

My brother in law got out on the West Links yesterday Ian - looks lovely, I've noticed that our course has been a bit more 'proper old school' links style than recent years.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Managed to play Sunday and today, even had a socially distanced drink in my back garden after the round with my golfing buddy who I hadn't seen for a couple of months before the rain fell.