Return to Golf in Scotland

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hope you are all able to get out soon, I went for my first game in seven weeks on Friday I certainly appreciated it.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I hope golf reopens there soon. I also hope you get better definition than in Wales which reopens golf tomorrow.

so far there are the following opinions on travel..

1. You must walk to the course as driving to exercise is not allowed.
2. You can drive locally. No definition of local is given, but driving from Cardiff to Porthcawl is quoted as not local.

anyone’s guess...

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I hope golf reopens there soon. I also hope you get better definition than in Wales which reopens golf tomorrow.

so far there are the following opinions on travel..

1. You must walk to the course as driving to exercise is not allowed.
2. You can drive locally. No definition of local is given, but driving from Cardiff to Porthcawl is quoted as not local.

anyone’s guess...

Playing golf may provide exercise but the main point is for playing your sport. Have they actually said you cannot drive to your club? Are clubs not allowed to open their car parks?

Is Wales like Scotland where the roads are getting busier by the day? I went past a B&Q the other day, the car park was absolutely full and the queue was much bigger than I've seen at any supermarket.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Following on from my previous thread that was locked, I have heard a rumour from a fairly reliable source that Nicola will be letting us out to play from the 25th May. Let's hope it's true this time and not another false alarm.

I have heard the very same thing from someone who I think knows what's going on behind closed doors so with that in mind I have just booked 14 days of golf at Gleneagles so fingers crossed we get a definite decision next week.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think it has been the Scots Government's intentions to 'loosen the stays' towards the end of May.
At least that was my reading of what they have been saying for the last month.