Return to Golf in Scotland

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
3rd game back tonight, half 5 tee. Managed to break 80 with a reasonable 78. Can't remember hitting any good/great shots but they must have been in there. Putted well with the trusty Bettinardi back in the bag.
1245 tomorrow to do it all again.

Shoulder and arm seem to be holding up as long as I don't try to over do it and smash the ball. Driving it around 220-230 on a good hit and around 200 on an average hit. But it seems to be going straight enough that I rarely find myself in troible, that helps a lot.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
3rd game back tonight, half 5 tee. Managed to break 80 with a reasonable 78. Can't remember hitting any good/great shots but they must have been in there. Putted well with the trusty Bettinardi back in the bag.
1245 tomorrow to do it all again.

Shoulder and arm seem to be holding up as long as I don't try to over do it and smash the ball. Driving it around 220-230 on a good hit and around 200 on an average hit. But it seems to be going straight enough that I rarely find myself in troible, that helps a lot.

This reduced distance thing isn't a bad craic after all, another round of not hitting far but hitting straight(ish). Followed yesterday's 78 with a 76 today and that was with doubles on the 6th and 13th.

After my first game back I though about how I was going to get my distance back, and you know what? I am not going to try.

Red scorpion

Visit site
Enjoyed playing Course as always, greens bare on some parts and slow,did not spoil the enjoyment of playing.if all green staff furloghed then not much could heve been done.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
had email from the Kings last night saying they were allowing visitors from next week, an attmt to get some cash flow, which would be welcome to the club, but members only allowed 2 times a week and they are hard to come by as it is, a few on FB not happy.

any other clubs in scotland allowing visitors??

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
what did it say?

Quote:

Scottish Golf has been urged to reinforce guidelines for recommended travel in phase one of lockdown restrictions being eased after a warning that the “broad five miles” could become law.
The message was delivered to the chief executives of all the sports governing bodies in Scotland in a letter from Joe FitzPatrick MSP, the Minister for Public Health, Sport and Wellbeing, and Mel Young, chair of sportscotland.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
had email from the Kings last night saying they were allowing visitors from next week, an attmt to get some cash flow, which would be welcome to the club, but members only allowed 2 times a week and they are hard to come by as it is, a few on FB not happy.

Yes we have been allowing guests with members for about a week now and this week are allocating 2 hours a day for visitor booking. We don't do a lot of visitor tee times but any income will be welcome to the club.

JohnF

Club Champion
Visit site

Yes, we are allowing visitors.

123*

Hacker
Visit site
Anyone rate our chances of being able to play at Royal Dornoch at the end of next month? Visitors becoming the norm down here so hoping 6 weeks should give us enough chance to play up there?!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Anyone rate our chances of being able to play at Royal Dornoch at the end of next month? Visitors becoming the norm down here so hoping 6 weeks should give us enough chance to play up there?!
at the moment anyone outside 5 miles is not allowed to play, even members, guys i know who live in Inverness can't play.
i suppose you will have to wait and see(y)or pray to Nicola;)

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site

We are allowing members to bring guests, but only from one household. No visitors at the moment. Murrayshall appear to be encouraging visitors and I think Gleneagles is too. It would appear that courses attached to hotels rather than golf clubs are allowing visitors.