Reliving my youth

MarkA

Head Pro
Visit site
Saw Asia at Shepherds Bush Empire, and was surprised how good they still are. Youtube does not do them justice. New guitarist brings down the average age though !!!;)

I go every time they tour in the UK - they are da little different without the Steve Howe sound The tracks from the first couple of albums are absolute fantastic live and loud - takes me back to being 20 years old again - Love it. the funny thing is you look at the audience and you think everyones quite old and then you think christ, so am I ! Who cares its great escapism!

C

c1973

I've consoled myself with a ticket for Lynyrd Skynyrd next April at the Hammersmith Odeon. I'll keep an eye out on the O2, they are becoming notorious for holding back tickets, the Bryan Adams ones were found 10 days before on something that had supposedly been sold out, the best (worst?) one was the O2's opening night with Bon Jovi; sold out for months, bought direct from them on the Saturday morning for the Sunday night…...

Not a bad consolation it has to be said.

All this talk of Fleetwood Mac has ended up with my neighbours listening to The Green Manalishi (with the two prong crown) after a blast of Oh Well.......parts 1 and 2!!

Musicianship of the highest order..........hopefully the neighbours agree.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I go every time they tour in the UK - they are da little different without the Steve Howe sound The tracks from the first couple of albums are absolute fantastic live and loud - takes me back to being 20 years old again - Love it. the funny thing is you look at the audience and you think everyones quite old and then you think christ, so am I ! Who cares its great escapism!
I went with my 20 year old daughter, and she loves them as well. She did reduce the average age a fair bit. Foreigner still her favourite.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I saw Fleetwood Mac a couple of years back. Pay the money, they were outstanding! They even played a couple of numbers from the Peter Green era, big thumbs up from me; as near a 10 out of 10 gig as you'll get imo. Fantastic gig. :thup:

Good, Im going to see them in Manchester next June, looking forward to it.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
You're not helping! Credit card quivering in the wallet as I type.

Life is for living and having experiences, they may not tour again.........:whoo:

There goes that new driver.

When does he ever? :D Sadly he has a point, checked some of the available seating for Fleetwood Mac tonight & might succumb.

Bryan Adams was excellent tonight, anyone who was thinking about it get a ticket for Wembley next week, well worth it.

Tarkus1212

Challenge Tour Pro
www.johnogauntgolfclub.co.uk
Over the last few years I've been to gigs by Keith Emerson (with The Nice) ; Greg Lake; Carl Palmer; Genesis; Yes; and The Stranglers. Currently got tickets for The Shires and Ward Thomas in Milton Keynes this week; Brit Floyd in Cambridge next Month; and the Australian Pink Floyd in Cambridge next March.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Had a right gud natter last night with someone who is associated with UB40 (Ali Campbell's UB40). Mentioned about some interesting times ahead. Said Sinead Oconnor had been mentioned and said her voice was fantastic.