Reliving my youth

Paul_Stewart

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Going to see the Specials tomorrow night some 35 years after I first got into their music during the early TwoTone days. Anyone else indulging themselves with band revivals to bring back teenage music memories?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Going to see the Specials tomorrow night some 35 years after I first got into their music during the early TwoTone days. Anyone else indulging themselves with band revivals to bring back teenage music memories?

Seen them in Liverpool the other year, they were boss. Madness, also.

Liverpool isn't on the tour schedule this time , sadly.

Fleetwood Mac tickets booked for next year, though.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not one this year but for the last couple of years there have been Wonderstuff, Pop Will Eat Itself and Jesus Jones gigs at Xmas. If there is one next year or another Beds Atomic Dustbin Nedstock show then I am there

D

Deleted member 18588

Trouble is my youth was the '60s and a lot of the band members and singers of my era are no longer with us.

I know that they were the "leaders" of the The Who but Daltrey and Townshend are only half the band so I will be giving the 50th anniversary tour a miss. Felt the same last year for The Beach Boys.

So many of the soul and Motown artists also gone, RIP Jimmy Ruffin.

C

c1973

Sometimes go to see Stiff Little Fingers on St Paddys at the Barrowlands, but that's someone else's youth I'm reliving.......I was too young the first time round.

Saw Stone Roses at Heaton Park last year........that's the closest I'll get to reliving my youth, unless they start running 'all nighters' at the Piv or Raves in the middle of fields! :)

C

c1973

Trouble is my youth was the '60s and a lot of the band members and singers of my era are no longer with us.

I know that they were the "leaders" of the The Who but Daltrey and Townshend are only half the band so I will be giving the 50th anniversary tour a miss. Felt the same last year for The Beach Boys.

So many of the soul and Motown artists also gone, RIP Jimmy Ruffin.

You should go see The Who, they are still well worth the ticket price.

D

Deleted member 18588

You should go see The Who, they are still well worth the ticket price.

I'm afraid that without Moon the Loon and Entwistle it just would not be the same for me. First saw them at a club in Birmingham in 1965 and that was always the line up for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Seeing Bryan Adams on Saturday, the Reckless 30th anniversary tour, was there for the original.

Status Quo with support Chas & Dave booked for the pre Christmas jolly.

Saw The Who doing Quadrophenia last year, always fought shy of seeing them before; Moon died when I was 16, and it somehow didn't seem right without him & then later without Entwhistle. Glad I did as the format meant they were there in spirit, but will probably give the 50th a swerve as I thought with last year's format they would struggle to do a straight gig.

Not sure on Fleetwood Mac; tempted as Christine McVie is back, but saw them at the old Wembley Stadium years ago & they were up their own backsides then, not sure things will have improved.

Cost is another factor; The Who & Fleetwood Mac tickets are the wrong side of £100 each. Bryan Adams was £187 + change for 4 of us, Quo £97 for the pair. Big difference.

Paul_Stewart

Tour Rookie
Visit site
In your youth in the mid 80's you were into Wham you liar

Yeah OK so you got me on that one. I'm going to see Madness at Xmas and also have tickets for Erasure and the Human League in December too. And Martin, you'd know the guy I'm going to see the Specials with - you once mooned live on Capital Radio with him.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Went to see Genesis 3 times when they reformed for their world tour in 2007. All the gigs were superb but the Rome one was something special, I'm in the official dvd as well as an added bonus :thup:

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Not one this year but for the last couple of years there have been Wonderstuff, Pop Will Eat Itself and Jesus Jones gigs at Xmas. If there is one next year or another Beds Atomic Dustbin Nedstock show then I am there

Beds Atomic Dustbin eh? What do they sing, 'Kill Your Duvet'?, 'Happy (when I am under a 15 tog)'..

Beds, beds beds beds......;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yeah OK so you got me on that one. I'm going to see Madness at Xmas and also have tickets for Erasure and the Human League in December too. And Martin, you'd know the guy I'm going to see the Specials with - you once mooned live on Capital Radio with him.

If it's with him I know who you mean. If you said at him I'd have been impressed as I didn't know Chris Tarrant was a Specials fan

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ive been to see a couple of bands i liked in the 80's and TBH, it was a bit sad, i wish i hadn't gone and just remembered how good they were, when the front man had hair and no bear gut, or didn't look like they were all working in a bank.