Reliving my youth

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Saw orchestral manoeuvres in the Dark OMD, and they were fantastic. Love to see them again.

C

c1973

Seeing Bryan Adams on Saturday, the Reckless 30th anniversary tour, was there for the original.

Status Quo with support Chas & Dave booked for the pre Christmas jolly.

Saw The Who doing Quadrophenia last year, always fought shy of seeing them before; Moon died when I was 16, and it somehow didn't seem right without him & then later without Entwhistle. Glad I did as the format meant they were there in spirit, but will probably give the 50th a swerve as I thought with last year's format they would struggle to do a straight gig.

Not sure on Fleetwood Mac; tempted as Christine McVie is back, but saw them at the old Wembley Stadium years ago & they were up their own backsides then, not sure things will have improved.

Cost is another factor; The Who & Fleetwood Mac tickets are the wrong side of £100 each. Bryan Adams was £187 + change for 4 of us, Quo £97 for the pair. Big difference.

I saw Fleetwood Mac a couple of years back. Pay the money, they were outstanding! They even played a couple of numbers from the Peter Green era, big thumbs up from me; as near a 10 out of 10 gig as you'll get imo. Fantastic gig. :thup:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
There's been quite a few for me over the last few years or so. PWEI, Balaam and the Angel, Salvation, Skeletal Family, Fields of the Nephilim etc,etc.

I thought I had a reasonable knowledge of music but i think this is the first post in which I don't recognise ANY of the band names. :confused:

D

Deleted member 15344

I thought I had a reasonable knowledge of music but i think this is the first post in which I don't recognise ANY of the band names. :confused:

Think heard of the last one - think they are very heavy metal bands

Blue in Munich

Visit site
I saw Fleetwood Mac a couple of years back. Pay the money, they were outstanding! They even played a couple of numbers from the Peter Green era, big thumbs up from me; as near a 10 out of 10 gig as you'll get imo. Fantastic gig. :thup:

Might struggle; 4 out of 5 nights sold out, limited availability on the 5th & the War Office bleating about when are we going on holiday…….. :(

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am a regular attendee at The Silverstone Classic every July and their tagline is "Rocking and Racing. 2015 is the 25th anniversary and Status Quo have just been announced as the headline act. In previous years there has been Bonnie Tyler, Canned Heat, The Hollies, Adam Ant, Mike and the Mechanics, Suzi Quattro, 10cc, Wishbone Ash, The Yardbirds, Dr Feelgood, Santatna plus plenty tribute bands.
If you love old motor racing and music, this is a MUST DO event!

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've never been a PinkFloyd fan or keen on tribute bands but seeing the Australian Pink Floyd in Feb in a 1,000 capacity hall and booked today to see my favourite Jools Holland in May for the umpteenth time!

Missed out on Fleetwood Mac but saw them back in the late 60's, I still regret never seeing Queen!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Recently seen Foreigner, Barclay James Harvest (John Lees) and Asia. All very good especially Foreigner.

Might go and see Saxon, as I haven't seen them since the first Monsters of Rock in 1980. Probably worth it just to hear 747 Strangers in the night live.

MarkA

Head Pro
Visit site
Recently seen Foreigner, Barclay James Harvest (John Lees) and Asia. All very good especially Foreigner.

Might go and see Saxon, as I haven't seen them since the first Monsters of Rock in 1980. Probably worth it just to hear 747 Strangers in the night live.

I saw Foreigner and Asia x2 too this year - Agree totally about Foreigner, they were magnificent but the second Asia gig at the RNCM was probably the best I've heard them play not bad for Musicians in their 60s - They just don't make rock like they used to.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I saw Foreigner and Asia x2 too this year - Agree totally about Foreigner, they were magnificent but the second Asia gig at the RNCM was probably the best I've heard them play not bad for Musicians in their 60s - They just don't make rock like they used to.

Saw Asia at Shepherds Bush Empire, and was surprised how good they still are. Youtube does not do them justice. New guitarist brings down the average age though !!!;)

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Pity. They were very, very good.

I've consoled myself with a ticket for Lynyrd Skynyrd next April at the Hammersmith Odeon. I'll keep an eye out on the O2, they are becoming notorious for holding back tickets, the Bryan Adams ones were found 10 days before on something that had supposedly been sold out, the best (worst?) one was the O2's opening night with Bon Jovi; sold out for months, bought direct from them on the Saturday morning for the Sunday night…...

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've consoled myself with a ticket for Lynyrd Skynyrd next April at the Hammersmith Odeon. I'll keep an eye out on the O2, they are becoming notorious for holding back tickets, the Bryan Adams ones were found 10 days before on something that had supposedly been sold out, the best (worst?) one was the O2's opening night with Bon Jovi; sold out for months, bought direct from them on the Saturday morning for the Sunday night…...

I get pretty peed off with the scam that is Ticketmaster etc, tickets go on sale, you can't get any within a minute of the opening sale and 5 minutes later they are available on Stubhub, Viagogo etc etc. - total rip off!