Recommend Me Some Waterproofs Sub £100

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The title says it all really. Just recovered from a broken big toe and after 8 weeks of I am desperate to play. Looks like this is going to mean me playing in conditions I would normally stay at home in. I have no Waterproofs at the moment so need to buy some. I know Galvin Green etc are excellent but the budget is £100 Max. So, any recommendations or deals around. Must come in big boy sizes

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
said it before and i will say it again, trespass do fold up into pocket trousers and jacket for about 30 quid. used for golf, walking, cycling for about 3 years and keep me dry as a bone in the worst rain. dont see why you would pay more for "golf" specific..

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Benross. Have a pair of their waterproof trousers, and for £45 they're the best waterproof trousers I've ever owned.

MizunoGreyhound

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The title says it all really. Just recovered from a broken big toe and after 8 weeks of I am desperate to play. Looks like this is going to mean me playing in conditions I would normally stay at home in. I have no Waterproofs at the moment so need to buy some. I know Galvin Green etc are excellent but the budget is £100 Max. So, any recommendations or deals around. Must come in big boy sizes

Try These people. Bought many times from them. Never had any problems.
Woodworm stuff is quality.
Forgan suit at £39.99
Woodworm suit at £49.99

Got to be worth a punt.....

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
said it before and i will say it again, trespass do fold up into pocket trousers and jacket for about 30 quid. used for golf, walking, cycling for about 3 years and keep me dry as a bone in the worst rain. dont see why you would pay more for "golf" specific..

Again away from the golf specific market, i picked up a berghaus 2 layer goretex jkt for £70, saved £100, even cheaper in their current sale. ( m+m sports) And millets are doing the matching aquafoil trousers for £45 :eek:oo:

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site

Nice on. I was looking for a jacket to wear when I go dogging so just invested in a jacket for under 30 notes. Dog won't be happy though as he will be out in the rain now.

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Can't comment on specific waterproof brands, but sad to say that golf-specific clothing does appear to often be very expensive compared to identical stuff designed for non-golf pursuits.
I have various windproof and thermal items that cost me about a quarter of what equivalent golf-specific stuff would be.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Can't comment on specific waterproof brands, but sad to say that golf-specific clothing does appear to often be very expensive compared to identical stuff designed for non-golf pursuits.
I have various windproof and thermal items that cost me about a quarter of what equivalent golf-specific stuff would be.

It's as if companies have noticed that on average golfers are quite well off and are happy to throw large sums of money at any golf related tat under the misguided impression that it will improve their games long. As long as the tat has some fancy marketing gobblygook to go with it. Perish the thought....;)

Last edited: