Bargain Water Proofs

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
As the title suggests, looking for some real bargain priced waterproofs. I am not a fair weather golfer but I would also add that, unless it is a big competition, if it is freezing cold and lashing down on the first tee, I am normally the one who asks the group if we really want to go out in this. Basically any waterproofs I have are just to get me round when I am caught out in the rain.

Previously had a set of Woodworm waterproofs that I think cost me £40.00 in the sales. They did me nicely for 4 years but then I ripped the trousers and the jacket is getting a bit worn now. I know that there are people who say go for the quality of GG, Proquip etc but I have not got the cash to justify those prices.

So, has anyone seen any bargains or have any feedback on any bargain makes they have used. So far I see that The Sports HQ are selling for Forgan set at £29.00 and End of Line golf have Hi-Tec ones at £39 but open to any suggestions.

D

Deleted member 18121

If your course allows camoflauge gear.....visit the army surplus websites. You can pick up army quality goretex trousers for £10 and jackets for not a lot more. Some golf brands are doing the camo thing at the moment so you wouldnt'/shouldn't look too out of place.

I've been using the army trousers to play golf and cycle (in every conceivable weather) and they've never even remotely failed me.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have you thought of getting a second hand set off ebay? I would rather spend £40 on a second hand proquip set than £40 on a cheap new set that may be questionable in its worth. GG hold their value to well to get a bargain but there are plenty of other good makes that you can pick up 2nd hand at good prices.

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
I bought a Bay Hill set on Ebay for £30 last season, it has been absolutely fine for me although Easyjet ruined the jacket when they destroyed my golf bag.

I replaced it with the Hitec Dritec GR500 jacket which I'm very happy with, although its slightly on the large side. They are on sale for £30 via the Hitec website just now.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
These guys are usually knocking out some decent sunice stuff very cheaply http://www.justsportsonline.co.uk/brands/sunice-golf.html I've used the web site a couple of times and they are fine, but I see they have not got a great range of waterproof sunice tops at the moment. They tend to come and go a bit I think. They also have some stuff from other manufacturers and I see they are knocking a proquip jacket out at 40 notes http://www.justsportsonline.co.uk/p...rm-elite-waterproof-golf-jacket.html?___SID=U

Otherwise I got a proquip jacket of fleabay, it was not the current model but it has been fine, so that might be a place to look. Plus I got some addidas waterproof trousers also from ebay for about 25 quid, again not the latest range, but they do they job.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Bargain works for me in Pants, but I'm bit iffy with Jackets.

That said. the bargain half-sleeve top I got from Sports HQ on Woodworm worked out fine and I'd have no problem buying last year's model for a decent bargain price!

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You can get a ping top and trousers for 130 from, AG. Sure you can shop around and get a bit more off if you get them to price match and you have the bonus of a 3 year guarantee.

Worth it imo.