Waterproofs Advice - Black Friday

Vardon11LDN

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
After playing at the weekend I now realise how inadequate my current “waterproofs” are. After just joining a new club I will be playing over the winter so it is time to invest in a new set. The most important thing for me is feeling free to swing (something my current jacket does not allow). I am not keen on Adidas but am pretty open apart from that. I quite like the look of the Footjoy range with Hydrolight suit coming in at £180 and the Dryjoys Tour set at £265 respectively, if anyone has experience with these please let me know your thoughts. Budget £275 max. Also are there usually good deals on waterproofs on black Friday?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
After playing at the weekend I now realise how inadequate my current “waterproofs” are. After just joining a new club I will be playing over the winter so it is time to invest in a new set. The most important thing for me is feeling free to swing (something my current jacket does not allow). I am not keen on Adidas but am pretty open apart from that. I quite like the look of the Footjoy range with Hydrolight suit coming in at £180 and the Dryjoys Tour set at £265 respectively, if anyone has experience with these please let me know your thoughts. Budget £275 max. Also are there usually good deals on waterproofs on black Friday?

Anything with Gortex in would be a starting point.

out club shop has Zero Restriction stuff in the sale and thats the US equivalent of Galvin Green. Might be worth looking online. The stuff is on the large site as well.

D

Deleted member 18121

I user a sunderland half sleeve waterproof golf jacket for my daily cycling commute in London..... it's never let me down and leaves my arms free (which I like).

At £100 its good value too.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have shopped around over the last month, and been lucky enough to go full Galvin Green for 280. Wore it all on Saturday, and was very impressed. It's the first suit I have had that I could actually play in

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Comes down to a combination of fit and function.

I had a CG that was completely waterproof but never comfortable.

Now have a Pro quip that fits me and my swing - happy days.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
You might find some deals on Galvin Green, I just have. Last years colours, but a full goretex jacket (as opposed to paclite) for £140 vs. RRP of £250+.
Think it's the Aron but can't be 100% sure as my other half got it for me for Xmas so haven't tried it in anger yet and it's now put away until 25/12 😕
Got it from Tony Valentine Golf here in Swindon.

D

Deleted member 15344

Function 18 normally have last years colours and models at reduced rates

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Clarkes in Rainford had a Pro Quip jacket and trouser set for £90 in their sale. Was nice as well! They also had some adidas gortex jackets in the sale as well.
Worth a look on their website, but not sure if the sale stuff would be on there.