Sub £100 GPS

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have had a G3 for a couple of years, it cost £120 from AG. Its easy to use and easy and free to update the courses if necessary.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also anyone know why the Garmin S2 watch can be found cheaper than the s1.

Don't know the answer to that one but it seems a very good deal. I have an S1 and it fits your criteria perfectly. The S2 also gives dogleg and lay up figures which would be helpful. In addition it looks as though you can replace the strap if required which you can not do with the S1. I would happily recommend the S1 but unless there is a fault with the S2 it makes sense to get that ahead of it if the pricing is similar.

KhalJimbo

Head Pro
Visit site
How about using an App on your phone. Thats what I'm doing at the moment with the Hole 19 App. I'd much rather have a watch though, thinking of pairing it with an Apple Watch possibly when the next iteration comes around. Unless I can find a GPS for cheap on eBay.

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
Slightly more than your £100 budget, but the Shotsaver SG255x is seemingly available at Argos for £109.99.

I have this unit and its a great piece of kit, gives distances to F/M/B as well as to hazards. Well worth an additional tenner if you can find one in stock. Also listed for the same price on Greg Nicholson Golf, although I know they have a bad rap on here.. http://www.gregnicholsongolf.co.uk/snooper-sg255-gps-watch

I have a spare Callaway UPro+ sitting gathering dust in my desk drawer that I no longer use since getting the watch which I can give you to try. Not sure if it has your course on it though, and Callaway no longer supports it so can't be updated. Someone might as well get the use out of it though if you want it. :thup:

morgs

Club Champion
Visit site
G3 for me too, easy to use although the screen is a little small but I wouldn't be without it. Ordered mine from tesco online and they delivered it to my local tesco which happened to be 5 minutes down the road. Happy days.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why do I always get carried away and ditch my budget and original intentions. The glowing reports had me looking at the Garmin G3 but cannot find one readily available. I then started looking at alternatives with similar features and settled on the Skycadddie Aire II then realised it would cost me £40 a year to get distances to hazards and so now have moved on to the Golfbuddy WT5 watch. At least it is only £50 over budget 😊

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why do I always get carried away and ditch my budget and original intentions. The glowing reports had me looking at the Garmin G3 but cannot find one readily available. I then started looking at alternatives with similar features and settled on the Skycadddie Aire II then realised it would cost me £40 a year to get distances to hazards and so now have moved on to the Golfbuddy WT5 watch. At least it is only £50 over budget 

If you haven't already committed, here's a great bargain - highly recommended and no annual fees.

http://www.thesatnavwarehouse.com/snooper-shotsaver-s320/

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
My phone is not legal for use In competitions si the app option is out unfortunately

I thought the R&A allowed mobile phone apps now. All you have to do is ensue no other app is used that may give you an unfair advantage. I use an old phone I had lying around with an App called Freecaddie. Works brilliantly with scores to font middle and back. Works just as well as my mates #200 DMD and at no cost