REAL forumers unite.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lads and Lassies,

I have just logged on and I am disgusted by the comments made by some of the newbies. This is not a forum owned by US. We use the site provided by the magazine and I am fed up watching/reading a few people not interested in golf come on and ruin what was a very welcoming forum. Every time I open a new post by a new member I am expecting some reference to something wholely unsuitable for a golfing forum.

I am asking you all to add your support with a comment and let these people know that they will not win. I am sure a few peoples IP addresses will be blocked ASAP.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Madandra

I've found the most soul cleansing way of dealing with these hijackers is for me to post my vent voicing my displeasure and then adding them to my ignore list so I don't have to read any more of their posts until the moderators get to grips with them

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
As above for me too! Come on guys lets just phase them out by ignoring them, they only want a reaction and when they dont get one, they will look else where!

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am in full support of getting rid of theses morons. To be honest it looks like Paul is doing a great job tonight deleting inappropriate posts and to be honest I feel sorry for him having to give up his time to do that (Thanks a lot Paul). I just hope as you say the IP Adresses are blcoked as well as their user account being deleted. Glad the forum has got throguh the worst of this patch now and is still going strong with many people still offering great contributions. Long may it continue.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Signed.

Don't forget the 'alert moderator' button on the toolbar. It gives the mods. a fast heads up.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Guys, I know it's personally satisfying to vent your spleen toward the perpetrators of the unsavoury but can I make a plea that you resist. It simply satisfies their need for attention and provokes futher outbursts.

As has been said, use the Notify Moderator button and set your Ignore button.

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
Common sense must prevail here. I read many forums and this one has the best golf-related content, bar none. The mag is also the best of the bunch and I only hope that the moderator situation is resolved and that this forum returns to its usual self.

Gasp

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm with all you guys. Bt let's not allow these guys to ruin what is a fantastic forum, just ignore them or PaulH please ban them. We have a fantastic site for genuine enthusiasts, if they turn one real golfer away they will feel they have won.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had no chance to log on until sill o'clock this morning.

What on earth is going on?

Can someone tell me how to set my ignore buton please.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nico, if a certain poster has offended you and you want to block them simply click on their handle/username and scroll down and under 'send private message' you will find a tab 'ignore this user' just click on that.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nico, you need to select the name of the poster to access their personal details. There are a number of options shown on this page, one of which is Ignore.