Range associated American golf stores?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I went to the local range yesterday which has had a store owned by AG located inside. As you’d imagine the stock was pretty bland with a good percentage being aimed at the starter / novice / own brand market and a lot of off the shelf products.

WOW!!!! the shop had been sold back to the range, all the own brands and original stock junked, some very nice new stock from leading brands and a full track man inside offering fittings for mizuno, ping, titleist and callaway.

According to the shop a lot of the range associated stores will be going this way with AG focusing on the own brands more.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I went to the local range yesterday which has had a store owned by AG located inside. As you’d imagine the stock was pretty bland with a good percentage being aimed at the starter / novice / own brand market and a lot of off the shelf products.

WOW!!!! the shop had been sold back to the range, all the own brands and original stock junked, some very nice new stock from leading brands and a full track man inside offering fittings for mizuno, ping, titleist and callaway.

According to the shop a lot of the range associated stores will be going this way with AG focusing on the own brands more.
Cant say I've been in many American golf stores, but the one in Inverness has always been terrible. Even before their troubles and being bought out it still was full of crap.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This had a different feel about it, no cheap tat, fitting studio, they’ve cut the shop size by 50% and are now adding a coffee shop etc in. With it also being a tracer bay range I actually don’t begrudge the 8.50 per 100 balls now.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Totally different story at the AG store with a range at Bristol. They have a good range of major branded clubs and equipment, range with a tracking system (not Top tracer but can't remember brand) and a fitting studio. there is also a coffee shop and Pirate Bay adventure golf but not sure who runs these.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
This had a different feel about it, no cheap tat, fitting studio, they’ve cut the shop size by 50% and are now adding a coffee shop etc in. With it also being a tracer bay range I actually don’t begrudge the 8.50 per 100 balls now.

My "local" (20 min+ drive) range has Trackman in every bay and it's £9.50 (or £9) for 100 balls, but as you say, don't mind paying a bit over the odds for decent tracking and they've also just heavily invested in Taylormade practice balls too.

the Pro Shop at the club is a bit bobbins but it's got a posh trackman studio for fitting and a mini golf course as well - so it's great to take my lad, who loves a round of mini golf followed by a trip to the range.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
our nearest is Trafford Golf Centre, I pop in now and again seems to have a varied stock to me, there are two adventure golf courses attached to the range

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The one near me at Hemmingford has a decent range of brands. Including the latest from the bigger ones. Its expensive though.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Totally different story at the AG store with a range at Bristol. They have a good range of major branded clubs and equipment, range with a tracking system (not Top tracer but can't remember brand) and a fitting studio. there is also a coffee shop and Pirate Bay adventure golf but not sure who runs these.

My local one at Ufford Park is similar....though the range is managed by the golf club, as is the Jurassic Park adventure golf. AG have a dedicated fitting bay at one end of the range.

The AG is reasonably weel stocked with most major brands...though they do seem to lack some Callaway gear. Good range of clothes/gear for ladies as well.

I think it is £7.50 for 120 balls. Can be cheaper with "range credit" - top up with £100 and they give you another £50 credit on your card.

Last edited:

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
The one next to me is pretty poor too. They layout always makes me feel they are about to do a closing down sale.

Grantley1988

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I use this regularly. Not so sure on the tracking. Hardly use it. £7 for 50 balls is steep.

D

Deleted member 23270

The one in Liverpool is good. Large well stocked AG, range with trackman in every bay that I saw and nice cafe too.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Older thread but don't need a new one....

Anyone used the AG shop in Airth at the ForthView Golf Range ?

I get its not a 'store' size but wondering if its of a decent size with good range of stock (esp shoes)

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Older thread but don't need a new one....

Anyone used the AG shop in Airth at the ForthView Golf Range ?

I get its not a 'store' size but wondering if its of a decent size with good range of stock (esp shoes)

It's surprisingly big in the store to what you'd imagine from outside. Last time in they carried a good range of clothes and shoes (but not sure they will carry much stock for each size if that makes sense).

C&R

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Long lane, Croydon?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Exactly the same as my local range/AG outlet.

The tracking system at the place I go is called "inRange".

rystaman

Visit site
My "local" (20 min+ drive) range has Trackman in every bay and it's £9.50 (or £9) for 100 balls, but as you say, don't mind paying a bit over the odds for decent tracking and they've also just heavily invested in Taylormade practice balls too.

the Pro Shop at the club is a bit bobbins but it's got a posh trackman studio for fitting and a mini golf course as well - so it's great to take my lad, who loves a round of mini golf followed by a trip to the range.
Mine is £10 for 80 balls :)