Direct Golf excellent Golf Store

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
In the sense of fairness i would like to express my delight of dealing with Direct Golf ( Cambs )

The actual stores are mostly fantastic and helpful with a good choice of products

The store in particular in Cambs has very good coaching and range facilities

I would add that i too have used the online service but had grief

Not with Direct Golf but the Yodel couriers they were under contract to use ( last year )

The DG headoffice were very helpful and i cannot fault them

I did ring them with my issue, emails in my opinion are way too slow for getting things sorted

We all have our tales of woe when it comes to golf stores but i believe in fair and honest opinions as bad publicity can be hard to shrug off.

I like DG and AG as i like to see the best selection of gear available, sadly DG do not sell PING, but they do sell Mizuno and most other brands at very good prices.

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Again ill add, previous to my recent problem I have never had any issues personally although a friend has with DG and most of the contents of my bag are from there including the bag itself.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Excellent post.

Everyone will always jump on companies when things don't go right or they receive items they didn't expect but, we should all thank them publicly with the same gusto when we receive good service, the pendulum swings both ways.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Again ill add, previous to my recent problem I have never had any issues personally although a friend has with DG and most of the contents of my bag are from there including the bag itself.

So why was it titled "Shocking Service AGAIN!!!!!" implying you had experienced poor service on more than a single occasion?

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
One thing to add though its a well known fact that many of the big stores have launch monitors in them and they are a little bit lets say (dishonest) with the figures they give us the customer. Now if I go to a DG store and let them have there way I would walk on with a JL set of clubs as the machine told me they where the best. Now is that really great customer service. I know for a fact AG also do the same and sell you there special offer clubs if they can.

Don't hang me just a point I wanted to add.

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
So why was it titled "Shocking Service AGAIN!!!!!" implying you had experienced poor service on more than a single occasion?

I'm not going to go into detail with the story but for short my mate waited 10 weeks for a club to have its cracked shaft replaced and none of the blame was on the manufacture but the DG store itself who had forgot to send it then fed him crap over the phone every time he rang and passed the blame onto there work colleagues. Do you work for DG as you seem very upset with the whole matter?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I think if you are going to announce an unsatisfactory experience on a public forum and title it accordingly, it should be only your personal experience IMO.

As a retail shop owner, I see and understand both sides when the facts are clearly explained.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well i was the one driving him the 15 miles each way to and from the store so it involved me aswell.

At this rate you will be getting a letter from the stores legal dept. for slander !!

I would be very careful how you slag off a well know company on a public forum, the facts are not that bad and this has been exaggerated to make a point, commercially unfair as you would know if you were the owners of DG

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would like to add my support for DG Cambridge. Been shopping there for years and have always had top service. No launch monitor issues (there monitor is in a large range bay so you can see the ball fly) and they are quite happy to tape up any club and load you up with free balls and tape up any club you want. Certainly as far as that store is concerned, the JL thing is a falasy. The most I have ever been asked is whether I would consider trying one with the other options and if I say no then that is it. If I try it and discard it then there is no more pressure.

At the end of the day, every golf pro has a 'John Letters'. That is why they stock the brand that they do, be it Ping, TM or whoever. It is because that brand gives them the best deal, markup etc. And I am yet to meet the mystical pro who knows your swing inside out, gives free advice and helps and advises you on every purchase. They may exist but the pros that I have dealt with sell in the same way as any shop assistant except they sometimes let you take a practice club on the course.

So, I like DG, or at least the Cambridge branch, and they can have my custom any time.

car.crash

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My only issue with direct golf is there is not a store close to me. But I'm more than happy to use their online service, I like the 20% off and the emailed deals they offer.

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Never joined to make friends really mate although I have made a couple. Now leave me alone or I may take legal action for slander...

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Mods you can lock this now all that needs to be said has been said, case closed

Chill out Dave we were only passing you a bigger shovel if you get my drift

We are all on here to talk golf not attack each other

Merry xmas