American Golf Question

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Not specifically golf related as such, but I've got a question.

I've got some love2shop vouchers, AG accept them, but not online. If I pay for some goods in the sale online with my debit card, collect at store and return said items, do you think they would sell them to me so I can pay with the vouchers?

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
I'm not sure they'll have these in stock and in my size as some are sale items and low in stock online.
Ah right I see. Can't you use the vouchers something else and then use that money that you would've otherwise used if you know what I mean

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Ah right I see. Can't you use the vouchers something else and then use that money that you would've otherwise used if you know what I mean
Possibly. I've bought the items with my credit card so will just ask the question when I get in the store and see what they say.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
If the plan is to collect then return and then re-purchase in the same visit, you might struggle

I say 're-purchase' but you're kinda not since AG already made the sale for the vouchers some time ago. (the ideal sale of a 3rd party gift voucher is one where the voucher is never redeemed)

In reality what you'll be looking to do is pay and collect, after collection return items, then get full refund then take the goods anyway... for 'free'
I know its not really free but it also kinda is, its free to you

My default is to ask yourself, what's in it for them? If you sus that out in advance you'll have more chance

good luck

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You might struggle just because of the returns goods policy

I don't think they go straight out on the shop floor to be resold

For example your saying they don't stock these and they got shipped in. They might go into the returns pile to go back

However that said I always say "don't ask don't get" so no harm in asking them

hacker_al

Club Champion
Visit site
Nice that AG would do this for you.

With Love 2 Shop vouchers you can register them online and then exchange them in a couple of different ways.
You can "buy" e-vouchers for some retailers that may not accept the Love2shop card. You can also exchange them for an online "Select Mastercard" which you can then use to pay for online transactions with some retailers - AG is one of them :)

May be useful for anyone who has some vouchers but doesn't have easy access to an AG store.