Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gargling every hour or so with a few drops of tea tree oil in a small amount of water will help loads.
I tried the old salt + water last night as I don't believe we have any tea tree oil. I'm hoping this is nowhere near as bad as last time, as I'm not seeing much in the way of white patches in my throat yet, whereas last time it was covered in white patches.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
For as long as I can remember the missus always has stuff on the hob boiling in a pan with the lid off. I’ve told her at least 100 times to put the lid on and turn the heat right down, she does but then the next night pan is there bubbling merrily away with the lid off 🤦🏻
I need inspiration to finally get the message through 🤣
Thoughts?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For as long as I can remember the missus always has stuff on the hob boiling in a pan with the lid off. I’ve told her at least 100 times to put the lid on and turn the heat right down, she does but then the next night pan is there bubbling merrily away with the lid off 🤦🏻
Thoughts?
Make her pay the energy bill?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thoughts?

I'm no cook BUT if she's reducing liquids for sauces etc then pan lid off :)

Or if she's like me she can't find the right lid and doesn't want to add to the washing up!!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Thoughts?

Do some cooking yourself :D

Actually that's probably a bit hasty. Just find a reason not to go into the kitchen yourself and hey bisto your irritation has disappeared!

RichA

Visit site
No it’s generally boiling water for pasta or veg etc and there’s plenty of lids to the NEW pans not 1 foot away 😡🤣
Green veg loses its colour if you put a lid on. Stays green with the lid off. I have no idea why - it just does.
With a lid on, even partially, pasta boils over within 3 seconds of taking your eye off it.
I do all the cooking in our house and I mostly just use the lids for draining.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Green veg loses its colour if you put a lid on. Stays green with the lid off. I have no idea why - it just does.
With a lid on, even partially, pasta boils over within 3 seconds of taking your eye off it.
I do all the cooking in our house and I mostly just use the lids for draining.

You sir are a grade A energy waster 🤣

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Thoughts?
We cook on gas. The central heating is gas. A boiling pan just reduces the amount of heat the boiler has to produce. I expect your wife has told you this as well :p But I put the lids on anyway.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only about 7 weeks since the worst tonsillitis I've ever had, it now appears I've caught tonsillitis again. Might have to seriously consider having them out at this rate, which I didn't particularly want to do. ☹️
Are you sure it's tonsillitis?
I've had a sort throat, along with a horrible cough due to congestion and blocked sinuses now for 8 or 9 weeks. Still no sign of it actually going away.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are you sure it's tonsillitis?
I've had a sort throat, along with a horrible cough due to congestion and blocked sinuses now for 8 or 9 weeks. Still no sign of it actually going away.
Tonsillitis feels different to a regular sore throat to me. More like shards of glass whereas a regular sore throat is more sandpapery.