Random Irritations

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Getting the ”you’re not my dad, you can’t tell me what to do” line from she who must be obeyed 15 year old daughter. I’ve been expecting it for a couple of years but it’s still a kick in the teeth to hear itI wa
We all get it. I got it once from my stepson but he did apologise about it afterwards as it was in the heat of the moment as I was telling him off for the way he was talking to his mum. You are right though, it does hurt. Especially when you really care for them like your own.
I always said to him that I never looked to replace his dad, and would never stand in the way of any relationship he wanted with him. It was actually sad because his dad is a waste of space who never put himself out to see him and they haven't seen each other for at least 5 years.
We have an excellent relationship now and as far as we are both concerned we are Father and Son.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have serious where do I park my lovely car so it doesn't get dented stress! I aim to either park at the end of a bay or between cars so that neither of their driver's door opens towards mine. Also avoid parking near dented bangers. Then I check for child/baby seats and associated gear. If I see them I'll move.

Agree 100% about zero respect for other people's cars. Shouldn't have to be that way but it is...

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm not prepared to lower my standards because a % of the population are morons and have no respect.
I understand your attitude. I have to admit that whenever someone does something unacceptable it annoys me.

But stuff like this is bound to happen, and I've tried to become philosophical about these things - it makes life less stressful.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
I have serious where do I park my lovely car so it doesn't get dented stress! I aim to either park at the end of a bay or between cars so that neither of their driver's door opens towards mine. Also avoid parking near dented bangers. Then I check for child/baby seats and associated gear. If I see them I'll move.

Agree 100% about zero respect for other people's cars. Shouldn't have to be that way but it is...
The fact that car parking spaces are not wide enough is part of the problem.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The fact that car parking spaces are not wide enough is part of the problem.
Too small and dangerous in places.

jj.jpg

A guy came out from behind car 2 in a mobility scooters right in front of me.
Luckily, I was driving slow enough not to hit him but didn't stop him from shaking his fist at me.

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Or the fact that cars are getting wider and wider.

Lot of it is safety related tho, you literally wouldn't fit kids in a car or yester year as their seats they have to have wouldn't fit.

Car parks have never been adapted to modern life when I say Modern I mean post 2004 which is over 2 decades

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Lot of it is safety related tho, you literally wouldn't fit kids in a car or yester year as their seats they have to have wouldn't fit.

Car parks have never been adapted to modern life when I say Modern I mean post 2004 which is over 2 decades
Ah, those were the days!
images

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I must admit I am a sucker for a proper home makeover show… I can spend an afternoon watching things like ‘home made perfect’, George Clarke’s amazing space, restoration, Grand design etc. as much as I like British shows, I dislike American ones. Too much OTT, too much crying and hugging etc.
Last night ran into something called Stacey Solomon’s Home restoration rescue. By God, felt like an American show.. lots of crying, ott enthusiasm, high fiving etc. lasted about 30 mins before I stopped. I am sure there is a market for this, but not me

Robster59

Tour Rookie
My Actinic keratosis has flared up again. I've had it before and I know the treatment works but the treatment means that I'll be walking around for a few weeks with a patchy scarlet face. Unfortunately I have to delay the start of the treatment as the dermatologist treated parts of my face with liquid nitrogen and so there is broken skin, and I can't use the Efudix on broken skin.
Into week 4. Face has been something akin to this. The amount of explaining I've had to do when I've been walking the dog......
Selfie me.jpg
It's been itchy and sore for a few weeks and now the flaking has started. I can't wait till the treatment is completed.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Kay Burley again and her interviewing technique. She is objectionable and aggressive. Today she had Grant Shapps on and persisted about somebody else when there were far more important things happening in The World.

Next was Ed Milliband and all she wanted to refer to was something that happened around 10 years' ago.

If her line of questioning was more amenable it would be far more interesting and would evoke a better response.

Finally when she says, "Before I let you go"

She has conveniently forgotten how she was partying during COVID and banned from the screen for a period!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Waking up at 2am with random back pain which decided at 4am to turn into a spasm.. only stopped at 8am

Have managed to get a last min physio this afternoon and been doing jobs round the house to keep it moving (instead of golf in this lovely weather)

Annoying

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s like a random illness thread now 🤣

The burns from last nights football pitch kept me awake for most of the night, I ended up with one leg hanging out of the bed.
I’m tempted to get one of those elastic bandages to put around it but I fear it may stick to the wound 😱

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Waking up at 2am with random back pain which decided at 4am to turn into a spasm.. only stopped at 8am

Have managed to get a last min physio this afternoon and been doing jobs round the house to keep it moving (instead of golf in this lovely weather)

Annoying
Getting your excuses in I see...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s like a random illness thread now 🤣

The burns from last nights football pitch kept me awake for most of the night, I ended up with one leg hanging out of the bed.
I’m tempted to get one of those elastic bandages to put around it but I fear it may stick to the wound 😱
Was it an old astro pitch? I thought the new ones were meant to avoid this.

Sounds manky :sick: