Random Irritations

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Probably for the umpteenth time....UPS and their godawful tracking.
" your parcel will be delivered between 10.04 and 2.04....."
A 4 hour window, during which I've had to be in when I've got stuff to do, and they can't hit it....
And as for trying to physically track the van....more chance of snow in the Summer....
Tragic.....
Careful - the way the weather is going this might be sooner than you think!

HeftyHacker

Visit site
You know what the worst thing is? Both my mum and my wife's birthdays are in March as well. How has this happened??

I'm similar, my newborn has the same birthday as his mum and because her birthdays will be largely superceded by his now she will expecting something extra on mother's day instead!

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Twins. They just keep on giving

Eldest nicely over her chicken pox but still at the stage u need her off school

Youngest twin randomly still sick couple times a day ... Yet oldest twin is clingy and grumpy

Just let me clean up your sister then you can reglue yourself to me.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
All day I'm telling myself, I MUST go for a run or go back to the gym tonight. As soon as I get home I can't imagine anything worse than going for a run or to the gym. Just resign myself to getting old and fat now then.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Out onb the bike this morning and coming off the canal path across the main road we came a cross a golden retriever on her own by the road. She was in distress and had already almost run over as we approached. No sign of anyone with her. She tried to cross the road again ( A82) and again into busy traffic. A car bleeping it horn returned her to the pavement. I got off and sat Rupert a safe distance and tied him to the nearest lamp-post. She had a collar on, but alas it just said Bonnie, no phone number or address as is the law in Scotland. Took her across the road to the car park on the old torvean golf course site. Asked a couple of dog walkers if he was theirs or if they had seen anyone looking for or had lost a dog. Luckily a police van came into the car park , do took her over them and explained. They said they would take her back to the station and scan her chip.

Why don't people just obay the law that would have resolved this straight away if she'd had a tag with contact details.
Things happen and dogs can go missing, so why make things harder for yourself and the dog.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Twin one still sick. Twin two ear infection

Couldn't get gp appointment, fair enough

Luckily got this thing via a policy I have that's gp line.

However twin 2 he happy to write antibiotics for

Twin 1.. I advise get her checked over tonight.. but dw not an emergency.. but don't wait until morning but don't go a and e

Make your mind up lol conflicting messages

111 calling back shortly

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
All day I'm telling myself, I MUST go for a run or go back to the gym tonight. As soon as I get home I can't imagine anything worse than going for a run or to the gym. Just resign myself to getting old and fat now then.

Took me best part of a year to get back in the gym properly and eating well again.

Its not easy being a new parent, don't put too much pressure on yourself this year!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Took me best part of a year to get back in the gym properly and eating well again.

Its not easy being a new parent, don't put too much pressure on yourself this year!
It is partly that and partly being back in the office 4 days a week now. I was definitely spoilt by having so many WFH days all that time. The work-life balance is so much better. I'd forgotten how much of a downer it is to be out of the house from 7:30am til 6:15pm and just cannot be bothered to do anything after that.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
It is partly that and partly being back in the office 4 days a week now. I was definitely spoilt by having so many WFH days all that time. The work-life balance is so much better. I'd forgotten how much of a downer it is to be out of the house from 7:30am til 6:15pm and just cannot be bothered to do anything after that.

I know the feeling! After a long day the last thing you want is to extend your day longer by going to the gym after work.

I've found that going 2 mornings (before work) and 2 evenings strikes an okay balance.

venger

Visit site
Local parish elections. Have lost count of the amount of door knockers/canvassers that have visited over the past weeks. It's gotten so bad that the officially unofficial village facebook paged had been locked until the this morning

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just went to order tracking via Funky Pigeon to see if my mum's flowers have arrived. The tracking info says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Are these being written by the same people who write fortune cookies?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oil leak at work. Not a big one but the smell inside the factory is lively. I've found it but I'm struggling to get an engineer to fix it, industrial is different to domestic apparently :rolleyes:. Oh joy