Random Irritations

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is it coming up soon? Haven’t heard Zoe Ball mention it on her show for about 5 minutes so thought it was cancelled ?

Surprised if she is not presenting from there. Always used to appear to be a massive BBC jolly wiith every show presenting live from Glastonbury whether it was relevant or not. Used to seem like 3/4s of the BBC Radio staff across all stations were there for some reason or other. Was quite shocked that 5 Live did not do their sports commentaries from there :D:D:D

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Yeah in North Greenwich. I think it's too big and the sound usually isn't great. I dislike it but when bands reach a certain level that's seemingly where they always go for their London gigs. I'd prefer Wembley Arena.

Seriously? The sound in the O2 is miles ahead of Wembley Arena, something to do with the fact that they had U2’s sound manager work with acoustic engineers to reduce any echoing.

https://london.fandom.com/wiki/The_O2_Arena

Wembley Arena has to be the least comfortable larger venue in London; tight seats, a narrow concourse and the stickiest floors of any venue I’ve ever been to. I’ll suffer it under duress for bands I really wish to see if it’s the only choice.

Best London venue by a street is the Royal Albert Hall.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Sadly I give up on seeing bands live (outside of festivals and I quite like the Milton Keynes Bowl) once they get to that stadium level. I just do not get the same enjoyment out of going to massive venues. Luckly I still have quite a few to see that still play places like the local O2 venues, Rock City or if I fancy a weekend away, the Brighton Dome

I’ve now got to the stage that a lot of the bands I see are probably doing their last tours so I’ll go wherever they are. Just on a train back from Liverpool having seen the Eagles at Anfield. They were superb and the atmosphere was fantastic. Just a good job it didn’t rain given that the seats were on the pitch ?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Surprised if she is not presenting from there. Always used to appear to be a massive BBC jolly wiith every show presenting live from Glastonbury whether it was relevant or not. Used to seem like 3/4s of the BBC Radio staff across all stations were there for some reason or other. Was quite shocked that 5 Live did not do their sports commentaries from there :D:D:D
They are all going down tomorrow so will get worse?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’ve now got to the stage that a lot of the bands I see are probably doing their last tours so I’ll go wherever they are. Just on a train back from Liverpool having seen the Eagles at Anfield. They were superb and the atmosphere was fantastic. Just a good job it didn’t rain given that the seats were on the pitch ?

I can understand that. Guess I would breave a stadium gig if a band I loved were on a farewell tour.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seriously? The sound in the O2 is miles ahead of Wembley Arena, something to do with the fact that they had U2’s sound manager work with acoustic engineers to reduce any echoing.

https://london.fandom.com/wiki/The_O2_Arena

Wembley Arena has to be the least comfortable larger venue in London; tight seats, a narrow concourse and the stickiest floors of any venue I’ve ever been to. I’ll suffer it under duress for bands I really wish to see if it’s the only choice.

I try an avoid seats anyway it's just not the same. I can't get into it as much. If I can't get standing tickets I tend not to bother unless I'm really desperate to see them, i.e. never seen them before or something.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Don't think the sound in the Arena is much better (although better than it used to be) - neither option is a walk in the park in terms of travel to & from.
The old days of bands doing 8 nights at Hammersmith Odeon are long gone unfortunately - it's now 1 or 2 nights at enormodomes instead

Sadly a side effect of the internet; whereas tours used to be loss leaders to promote album sales, they are now more about providing the income as YouTube and Spotify mean a lot of content is available for free. A great shame as the Hammersmith Odeon is a great venue.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sadly a side effect of the internet; whereas tours used to be loss leaders to promote album sales, they are now more about providing the income as YouTube and Spotify mean a lot of content is available for free. A great shame as the Hammersmith Odeon is a great venue.

Have a very soft spot for the Hammersmith Odeon. Saw my first proper gig there, Metallica on the Damaged Justice Tour supported by Danzig. Would be impossible to get as close to Metallica now as I did at that one.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
I can understand that. Guess I would breave a stadium gig if a band I loved were on a farewell tour.

Seeing Joe Walsh makes it hard to believe he’s got another one in him, and Don Henley’s opening comment tends to endorse that; “Thanks, we’re really glad to be here; to be honest, at this stage we’re really glad to be anywhere”

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Wasps! They’re definitely my biggest random irritation. Another nest… that’s 8 nests this year. This one, and them, are getting nuked.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

Good!

We're off there tonight for Jools Holland Prostate cancer charity gig. Some decent guests - Celeste, Van Morrison, Rod Stewart, Paul Weller, Paul Jones, Paloma Faith etc etc and several comedians, should be good!

RichA

Visit site
DIY.
Fixing a knackered flush in the en suite close-coupled toilet that requires complete dissembling of the cistern.
Nightmare removing corroded parts from the original builders pack that was used.
Nightmare finding the right parts and kits at Screwfix for an older toilet that's no longer standard.
Then the final rubber washer in the assembly for the overflow doesn't seal properly so I need to go back to Screwfix.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My energy provider Bulb sent an email asking ‘how likely are you to recommend Bulb to a friend’ …. What a pointless email. Even if I recommend someone, they can’t join it.. what’s the point

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My energy provider Bulb sent an email asking ‘how likely are you to recommend Bulb to a friend’ …. What a pointless email. Even if I recommend someone, they can’t join it.. what’s the point

Toyota emailed me to ask about my recent visit for a service

I ignored it

They emailed again asking for a rating of 1-10

I said 1. The main reason being I didn't attend it was my father and emailing me is a breach of GDPR and very blooming annoying

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Tours loss leaders? Certainly tours were associated with promotions for albums. But artists/bands either couldn't afford losses or were popular enough to make a (significant) profit. What sort of shows are you talking about?