Random Irritations

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having to send in additional information for the affordability check for a mortgage application to make sure that I can afford to pay £950 per month in mortgage repayments. I've been paying £975 per month in rent for the last 4 years and paying £1100 per month in rent for the three years before that. I think I might be able to afford a lower amount for the mortgage.

As a follow up to this.......

Me - Can we (Mrs Colch and myself) borrow £250k towards a house?
Mortgage Advisor - Nope, Mrs Colch has failed the credit score.
Me - OK, can I borrow £250k towards a house?
MA - Yep, no problem.

So on my single income and credit rating I can borrow £250k to buy a house, but on a dual income that is quite a bit higher we can't borrow £250k to buy a house because Mrs Colch fails the credit check.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

MA - Yep, no problem.

So on my single income and credit rating I can borrow £250k to buy a house, but on a dual income that is quite a bit higher we can't borrow £250k to buy a house because Mrs Colch fails the credit check.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Absolutely daft!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Biffy Clyro - my favourite band, seen them at a variety of venues over the years. Nowadays though they're just doing O2 arena, tickets are £70 and the presale just sold out within about 4 minutes. I think they might have outgrown my support, sadly. :confused:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

MA - Yep, no problem.

That may be some of the thickest thinking from lenders I have ever heard :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Biffy Clyro - my favourite band, seen them at a variety of venues over the years. Nowadays though they're just doing O2 arena, tickets are £70 and the presale just sold out within about 4 minutes. I think they might have outgrown my support, sadly. :confused:
Turns out it was just a temporary glitch and we managed to get the tickets. I still preferred it when they were playing places like the Academy for 30 quid a pop though... O2 is quite rubbish a soulless. And a pig to get home from. And the beers are like 8 pound.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The O2 in London? Yes I thought the same when I went a few months ago, that tube ride is terrifying like some sort of rickety 60s roller coaster ?
Yeah in North Greenwich. I think it's too big and the sound usually isn't great. I dislike it but when bands reach a certain level that's seemingly where they always go for their London gigs. I'd prefer Wembley Arena.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah in North Greenwich. I think it's too big and the sound usually isn't great. I dislike it but when bands reach a certain level that's seemingly where they always go for their London gigs. I'd prefer Wembley Arena.

Sadly I give up on seeing bands live (outside of festivals and I quite like the Milton Keynes Bowl) once they get to that stadium level. I just do not get the same enjoyment out of going to massive venues. Luckly I still have quite a few to see that still play places like the local O2 venues, Rock City or if I fancy a weekend away, the Brighton Dome

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sadly I give up on seeing bands live (outside of festivals and I quite like the Milton Keynes Bowl) once they get to that stadium level. I just do not get the same enjoyment out of going to massive venues. Luckly I still have quite a few to see that still play places like the local O2 venues, Rock City or if I fancy a weekend away, the Brighton Dome
Agree. I do it less often, or for bands I've not seen before or for a long time. My other favourite bands that I see frequently have remained small enough to play at more intimate venues, luckily.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Don't think the sound in the Arena is much better (although better than it used to be) - neither option is a walk in the park in terms of travel to & from.
The old days of bands doing 8 nights at Hammersmith Odeon are long gone unfortunately - it's now 1 or 2 nights at enormodomes instead

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't think the sound in the Arena is much better (although better than it used to be) - neither option is a walk in the park in terms of travel to & from.
The old days of bands doing 8 nights at Hammersmith Odeon are long gone unfortunately - it's now 1 or 2 nights at enormodomes instead
On a personal note since I live in Watford it's a breeze to get into Wembley compared to Greenwich, ha. But as a general rule of course, the smaller the venue the better. (y) Actually the worst venue I've ever been to was the London Stadium. Just a total waste of time. If you've got seats you can neither see nor hear the band due to the sheer distance away, and you have to go up and down two flights of steps to use the toilet or get a drink each time. :ROFLMAO: