Random Irritations

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Well that is reassuring. I guess with an organisation that is so huge they don't always join the dots as we'd hope! Maybe she forgot to email the consultant...or he forgot to reply. We've all done that but when it involves patient care the stakes are so much higher. Hopefully they'll sort it out sooner rather than later for you.

I've got a new date 24th Feb. Just hope it happens then

Thanks for your kind comments

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
If it's the same thing, a mate at our place who had similar, is back after about 2 1/2 months .
one was about 3 months,putting etc after about 6 weeks the other about 6 months , putting after 3. everybody’s different.
The important thing is to take it slowly and if it hurts, stop ?

Bloody hell! I was planning on 5 to 6 weeks - I've got 2 4 ball knockout finals to play before the end of March ??

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bloody hell! I was planning on 5 to 6 weeks - I've got 2 4 ball knockout finals to play before the end of March ??
To offer a bit of hope, I can't swear that the whole 2 1/2 months was down to the op. Course is not great at the mo' so some may be down to him not feeling like rushing back anyway. (But I'd be prepared for a break as the last thing you need is to rush it...)

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Flippin NHS incompetence!
A week ago I was contacted to go into hospital next Tuesday for a radical prostatectomy. I told the person that I'd certainly be there but I hadn't had 2 of the scans that were planned. "If I dont ring you back then all will be good just turn up as planned"

I got given various stuff to do, blood tests, pre op appointment, attending a forum etc etc. I mentioned at yesterdays forum that the scans need cancelling as I clearly dont need them. Today I've sorted out the Covid test, as well as a host of personal stuff that the time to convalesce would affect, delayed an eye injection that was booked, just starting to isolate etc etc

Phone call this afternoon - can't go ahead without the scans !!

I and my GP keep getting letters from a Professor of haematology at Bart’s Trust.
We’ve actually spoken on the phone once.
I’m a 100 miles away from a hospital in that trust, I’m not his patient and I’ve explained the situation.

I thought professors are supposed to be smart. This one’s an absolute dunce. He needs to do less conferences and more brain engagement.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Flippin NHS incompetence!
A week ago I was contacted to go into hospital next Tuesday for a radical prostatectomy. I told the person that I'd certainly be there but I hadn't had 2 of the scans that were planned. "If I dont ring you back then all will be good just turn up as planned"

I got given various stuff to do, blood tests, pre op appointment, attending a forum etc etc. I mentioned at yesterdays forum that the scans need cancelling as I clearly dont need them. Today I've sorted out the Covid test, as well as a host of personal stuff that the time to convalesce would affect, delayed an eye injection that was booked, just starting to isolate etc etc

Phone call this afternoon - can't go ahead without the scans !!

Sorry to hear this Chris and hope all goes well for you.
You should be back playing golf at probably 6-8 weeks.
I started first on the putting green. Then took out a 7iron and putter for 9 holes. Just got back in to it slowly and not doing too much too soon.
If you don't get back in time for your knockouts, so what, your health is more important. ?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Sorry to hear this Chris and hope all goes well for you.
You should be back playing golf at probably 6-8 weeks.
I started first on the putting green. Then took out a 7iron and putter for 9 holes. Just got back in to it slowly and not doing too much too soon.
If you don't get back in time for your knockouts, so what, your health is more important. ?

You're right of course Chris. I'm having mine done using the Da Vinci robot which offers very much more benefits over the open cut surgery - did you have the robot too.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
You're right of course Chris. I'm having mine done using the Da Vinci robot which offers very much more benefits over the open cut surgery - did you have the robot too.
No I opted for open surgery as robotic was fairly new at my time. I'm sure in 12 years prostate procedures have moved on immensely. I reckon you'll be playing a lot sooner than I did.
Is your surgery going to be within the set time line from diagnosis to surgery?