Random Irritations

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cyclists using a live traffic lane when there is tarmaced full cycle road with 2 lanes , junctions and.traffic lights. They spent a Royal heap on re doing the Elephant and Castle junction and feeder roads, but still there are cyclists who refuse to use the infrastructure, wear anything other than black or use lights.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Cyclists using a live traffic lane when there is tarmaced full cycle road with 2 lanes , junctions and.traffic lights. They spent a Royal heap on re doing the Elephant and Castle junction and feeder roads, but still there are cyclists who refuse to use the infrastructure, wear anything other than black or use lights.

What makes me laugh is when they wait at lights, they could just get off and cross the road on foot and be on their way.
Noooooo they wait like wet kippers and then pull off at a snails pace.

Road terrorists especially those that do it for “leisure”.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Flippin NHS incompetence!
A week ago I was contacted to go into hospital next Tuesday for a radical prostatectomy. I told the person that I'd certainly be there but I hadn't had 2 of the scans that were planned. "If I dont ring you back then all will be good just turn up as planned"

I got given various stuff to do, blood tests, pre op appointment, attending a forum etc etc. I mentioned at yesterdays forum that the scans need cancelling as I clearly dont need them. Today I've sorted out the Covid test, as well as a host of personal stuff that the time to convalesce would affect, delayed an eye injection that was booked, just starting to isolate etc etc

Phone call this afternoon - can't go ahead without the scans !!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Flippin NHS incompetence!
A week ago I was contacted to go into hospital next Tuesday for a radical prostatectomy. I told the person that I'd certainly be there but I hadn't had 2 of the scans that were planned. "If I dont ring you back then all will be good just turn up as planned"

I got given various stuff to do, blood tests, pre op appointment, attending a forum etc etc. I mentioned at yesterdays forum that the scans need cancelling as I clearly dont need them. Today I've sorted out the Covid test, as well as a host of personal stuff that the time to convalesce would affect, delayed an eye injection that was booked, just starting to isolate etc etc

Phone call this afternoon - can't go ahead without the scans !!

That's awful. Clearly distressing for you but also sounds like a waste of money and resources for the NHS...I hate to think of the scale of such inefficiencies and the impact on funding/budgets.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
That's awful. Clearly distressing for you but also sounds like a waste of money and resources for the NHS...I hate to think of the scale of such inefficiencies and the impact on funding/budgets.

To be fair Amanda, it's my first complaint after being under surveillance for 4 years but I told them I hadn't had the 2 scans and the person concerned said she'll email the consultant - can't believe he got it wrong !

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
To be fair Amanda, it's my first complaint after being under surveillance for 4 years but I told them I hadn't had the 2 scans and the person concerned said she'll email the consultant - can't believe he got it wrong !

Well that is reassuring. I guess with an organisation that is so huge they don't always join the dots as we'd hope! Maybe she forgot to email the consultant...or he forgot to reply. We've all done that but when it involves patient care the stakes are so much higher. Hopefully they'll sort it out sooner rather than later for you.