Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Stupid phone. I'm half way through writing a message to someone and it pops up with some nonsense about an Android update which I then click by accident and it shuts the phone down. Flipping annoying.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Micro scratches will eventually happen no matter how careful you are. You will never see a pro or amateur detailer use one ?

Can't be any worse then the damage done by your average local hand wash place. My FiL swears by the one he uses. His car is more swirls than paint and looks awful in direct sunlight.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't be any worse then the damage done by your average local hand wash place. My FiL swears by the one he uses. His car is more swirls than paint and looks awful in direct sunlight.

I hear you. Down at my local car wash, I see some lovely cars just being ruined. At a micro level, it’s like cleaning your car with a Brillo pad. Once you’ve seen paintwork that’s been corrected and protected, you do whatever you can to keep it like that ?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
What products do you use, currently using the ez.care.care.stuff.
Basic wash: Autobrite snow foam, GTechniq G5 shampoo, Gyeon wheel spray, leaf blower ?, drying towels, Gyeon Ceramic Detailing spray and/or Gyeon wet coat.

Decon: AutoGlym tar remover, Farecla G3 pro clay mitt.

All on a Gyeon Syncro ceramic base, 12 months old.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
As part of the work being done out on the terrace there was supposed to be an electrical feed for the jacuzzi. Terracing all done but no feed. Chased them for weeks, giving them a date the jacuzzi was due. Jacuzzi man turned up last week with his electrician in tow, knowing they’d have to run a temp feed in - perfect, and we could use the jacuzzi.

Site electrician turns up today to have a look prior to doing the job tomorrow - he’s only been 4 times already. He’s now subbed it out to another guy who might come sometime whenever.

They screwed up the sizing on all 3 terraces, 2 of which it didn’t matter. Arrrggghhh! When they finally start a job they’re usually brilliant but omg do they know how to screw up too.

Electrician that turns up without screwdrivers, cutters or pliers.

Electrician kicked ’off site.’ They, 4 of them, have been using our water and electric to finish the house next door. Just spoke to them about finishing our, which should have been weeks ago… “another few days.” Hose disconnected and extension thrown back over the wall after having words. Site office reopens at 5pm, after the siesta. They’re on a deadline, and they know what they need to do to access the water and electric.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The sheer amount of litter in the local park, along the river and canal. Can't blame tourists, its mostly locals and from what I've seen first hand kids and teenagers..its not a lack of bins, there's plenty near and along the river, park.

People just don't seem to care. Even went litter picking with our Mtb group along the canal at the weekend, went along there today its like we hadn't even been after only 2 days

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Irritation one: UPS, just useless, absolutely useless. Yet another failed delivery. They have one job and they are ? at it.

Irritation two: getting a box from Adidas with a preachy "end plastic waste" message emblazoned on the lid which contained nylon and rubber trainers.