Random Irritations

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A random irritation on behalf of my golf club. Whilst i was away in Scotland last week a freak localised storm hit Kibworth on Tuesday. There was torrential rain, but there was hail the size of golf balls for a period of time as well. The rain, which lasted an hour caused the stream that runs through the course to burst its banks causing major flooding. The head green keeper was devastated when he had an opportunity to assess the damage to the course the next morning. It took a team of volunteers two days to clear up the course before it could open again on Friday.

Not only was there damage to the course, almost every car in the village was pockmarked by the hail (I saw a number of them in the club car park this morning) and a company that assesses the damage has set up a mobile unit in the club car park. I understand that a number of cars are being treated as write offs. Some have also suffered damage to conservatories, greenhouses etc.

From what I can gather the villages just two miles either side complete missed the hail and didn’t get the flooding.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Washed the car yesterday, first time since I picked it up from the dealer 4 weeks ago. They must have put some sort of wax finish on the paintwork and windows as it now has water marks on the bonnet and all of the windows. The windows are bug free but otherwise worse than they were before I washed it :( (detailers will be crying at my ineptitude there :LOL:)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Washed the car yesterday, first time since I picked it up from the dealer 4 weeks ago. They must have put some sort of wax finish on the paintwork and windows as it now has water marks on the bonnet and all of the windows. The windows are bug free but otherwise worse than they were before I washed it :( (detailers will be crying at my ineptitude there :LOL:)

You just need to dry it properly once washed. An absorbant microfibre towel (I use a Matrin Cox water wizard one) and a squeegee type water blade are your friend. Just squeegee the water off the panels and wipe it down with the towel. No watermarks and no stripping of any wax layers.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
You just need to dry it properly once washed. An absorbant microfibre towel (I use a Matrin Cox water wizard one) and a squeegee type water blade are your friend. Just squeegee the water off the panels and wipe it down with the towel. No watermarks and no stripping of any wax layers.

Squeegees are great. Until you get a tiny bit of grit on the blade! Then they are great at putting scratches in your paint.

A decent microfiber drying towel should be enough to dry the car.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks, cheers. I thought that might be the case. Never had to do that before but I will need to with this until the coating wears off.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks, cheers. I thought that might be the case. Never had to do that before but I will need to with this until the coating wears off.

Not related to the coating, you will get water spots on any paint finish if you don't dry it properly.
Darker the colour the more the water spots will show.

As BiMGuy notes (but as with all things car paint related) just take your time and be careful to avoid scratching or hazing.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not related to the coating, you will get water spots on any paint finish if you don't dry it properly.
Darker the colour the more the water spots will show.

As BiMGuy notes (but as with all things car paint related) just take your time and be careful to avoid scratching or hazing.
It is a flat white colour, the windows are just windows. Maybe it was just warm when I washed it, too much in the sun. It definitely beaded when I used the hose and I've just never had a car go that badly before.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
First event that I have declined to attend due to having no obvious covid policy. Yes, it is only a small, annual music festival (normally a couple of thousand people) but no requirement for vaccincations, prior tests or anything (perhaps too much for a small, local charity event) but still, no desire to be in close proximity to a couple of thousand people with no prior precautions and so will give it a miss this year.

Next possible hurdle is a gig at Rock City in September. Again, currently nothing on the website about pre admission requirements and so that may be another one to skip, we will see the state of thinkgs in a few weeks time.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
People who simply say 'Well that Won't Work'. It should be compulsory that, before you shoot down somebody's suggestion, you should have in place an alternative suggestion that you think will work better, become part of the solution rather than part of the problem. Not saying one side is better or worse at this than the others but how much better would political debate be in general if not only did you have the right to criticise the suggestion of another party but also had to put forward a proposed policy on the part of your own party that you see as better. Start moving towards both sides working for a solution rather than being inherently contradictory.

Hope that talking about the general nature of political debate rather than any side or opiion is OK with the MODs. If not, apologies and please delete.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
It is a flat white colour, the windows are just windows. Maybe it was just warm when I washed it, too much in the sun. It definitely beaded when I used the hose and I've just never had a car go that badly before.

As has been said - use a quick detailing spray (I use Auto Glym Rapid Wax) and dry with the microfibre cloths in the kit. Makes drying much easier and also adds a layer of protection. If drying isn't your thing then you can get a really good end result by drying it with water!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I do find the best way to avoid water spots on the car, is not to wash it. I used to have a very clean shiny car. I can't remember the last time mine was washed. I now have a layer of dust and bugs that protect the paint. ?

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Taekwondo - stupid sport. Two fights where were seconds from gold and somehow get silver. I don't like it!

The guy commentating was saying, it can flip in a heartbeat, I was like yeh yeh, whatever mate, don't go explaining anything to this Olympic expert! Then blam, she is in silver! Confusing sport. i couldn't tell what was a scoring shot and what wasn't!! :LOL:

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The guy commentating was saying, it can flip in a heartbeat, I was like yeh yeh, whatever mate, don't go explaining anything to this Olympic expert! Then blam, she is in silver! Confusing sport. i couldn't tell what was a scoring shot and what wasn't!! :LOL:
Must admit that to my completely inexpert eyes, there seemed to be a lot of punches that didn't score and I've no idea why or why not.