Random Irritations

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fingers crossed it wasn't a Horsefly or Cleg bite.
I have a really bad reaction to them .

I didn't see the culprit but whole of lower leg red and swollen and flipping sore :-( Plenty of ice and anti-histamine yesterday which helped a bit. I've got a County match today - 36 holes potentially...tempted to put a compression sock on and sod how I look!

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I didn't see the culprit but whole of lower leg red and swollen and flipping sore :-( Plenty of ice and anti-histamine yesterday which helped a bit. I've got a County match today - 36 holes potentially...tempted to put a compression sock on and sod how I look!

Not wishing to be alarmist, A, but have you checked the area of the bite in relation to the" Bulls eye" rash of Lymes disease. Etc.
It's worth getting it checked out because the early stages are easily treatable,
Antibiotics.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also those that are coupled with language that I don't understand. I got an email from a large and, youthfuy popular it would seem, chain that said "These slick kicks from the have-me edit are just for you"...

They might be just for me if I could work out what the hell you are banging on about.

I got asked if I would like some Crep protect when I bought some trainers recently from Schuh.. What the heck is a Crep if its not a pancake?!!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I couldn't grip a club for 5 days, it was a horse fly, I caught it in the act.

Attachments

• 20200626_064523bite 1+.jpg
    20200626_064523bite 1+.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200626_132727bite 2+.jpg
    20200626_132727bite 2+.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

RichA

Visit site
Not wishing to be alarmist, A, but have you checked the area of the bite in relation to the" Bulls eye" rash of Lymes disease. Etc.
It's worth getting it checked out because the early stages are easily treatable,
Antibiotics.
I've had brushes with ticks in the Lake District. Once returned from a week away and found one in the shower tray. Mrs A then discovered half a dozen more attached to me in various natural crevices. I won't go into further detail, but I got plenty of advice some time later when I developed a neuro issue which was eventually followed by a negative Lyme test.
I claim no expertise, but was told or learned from my own research that unless it was still attached, you wouldn't normally even know you'd been bitten by a tick unless it infected you and then it takes a few days rather than hours to get the bullseye rash. Lyme disease carrying ticks are restricted to areas with plenty of deer.

Insect bites in the UK are mostly going to be the usual flying, biting suspects. I always carry some of the kiddie strength insect repellant in my golf bag and spray it liberally on legs and arms. And wear long socks, not trainer socks.
If anything breaks through the defences, Anthisan is pretty good and Savlon if it's still angry after a day or so. Cellulitis is a greater danger than Lyme disease with bites.

Not intentionally being a smart arse. I have just been a menu favourite of bitey things for 5 decades.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One from Saturday. I received a letter advising me that my new (old) car was not compliant with current ULEZ standards for London and should I drive into London I would have to pay a higher rate. Why send this? A/ I live in Northumberland B/ If I want to drive into London (no thanks) I will look it up on the appropriate website

Utter waste of time and money to send this to me, and presumably to lots of others.