Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 15344

And the BBC again (not aiming just at the BBC just happens to be the website open on my computer at work)

Headline is Cummings guilty of lockdown breach, read the story and the police state that the trip to Durham was not a breach and the day trip out was perhaps a minor breach not worthy of a fine.

Again, not making a point on Cummings, guilty or not or anything other than the story being almost at total odds to the headline

Confused because the alert didn’t say that and when I looked on the website the headline says “may have broken lockdown rules “

https://www.bbc.co.uk/

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Groups of up to six people will be able to meet outside in England from Monday, or in the case of my neighbourhood - carry on as you have been for the past two months.
Sadly I don't think your neighbourhood has been alone. Been the same around here. Don't know if you saw the briefing but the R number is still close to 1 and there was a slide which from memory said there were still 50(?)000 infections being reported weekly so the infection is still amongst us and spreading. I hope all this faith in track and trace is justified

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Me too, because that deaths per million of population graph that some on here were using to show how well we were doing a few weeks ago is pretty grim reading these days...

Just need to note when doing an international comparisons that several EU countries have/includes data that lags behind the UK by several weeks.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I was all ready to post in the Gladdens the Heart thread about driving back from Dorset on the A303 and not seeing a single caravan and not being held up around Stonehenge.

And what is parked on the side of the A303 right next to Stonehenge so two people can stop to take photographs? You guessed it - shame the artic in front of me stopped and swerved round them. Absolute total and utter morons.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
1 hour 39 minutes to my flat today. A new record. Might have shaved another minute off it if it wasn't for the ambulance stopping in front of me. ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played tennis earlier. I used to be good at tennis, as a kid. Then as an adult as I played less I lost it a bit, but still pretty decent. Now though, it's pretty much all gone. I was absolutely abysmal. Infuriating the sheer number of seemingly simple shots that I put well, well out of the court. I lost the first five games against my mate who also hadn't played for ages and wasn't much better than me. Eventually I gave up trying to hit it properly and just started patting it back up the middle of the court as that was literally all I could do. Felt embarrassed! The only silver lining was that my first serve came back somehow, and I managed to hit 6 or 7 aces past him. Second serve was woeful though, despite taking all the pace off them I was still ballooning them out for double faults left right and centre. As I say, my mate was in a similar boat and just hitting lobs back eventually, so the worst game of tennis I've ever played ended 3-6 6-2 and we called it a draw and buggered off home. Shocking. Might be the last time I ever play tennis.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The road by our station has 2 lanes and a cycle lane. It has been thus for as long as I can remember; certainly since the start of lockdown. Tonight as I came home there is a lorry full of cones is coning out one lane to provide social distancing. WTF; if this was a good idea, why wasn't it done weeks ago, and not when lockdown is being relaxed?

Meanwhile, just off the next major junction on the same road, the queue for the drive through McDonalds continues to double bank round a parking bay forcing non-McDonalds traffic towards the oncoming traffic, stopping on the approach to & even on a zebra crossing making it dangerous for pedestrians and tailing back to the traffic light junction making that unsafe & nothing is done.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
My Mrs once sent a card to her great grandson, she had to explain that what she meant was, her grandson was 'great'. :unsure:
I had a similar experience a couple of years ago when my 60 year old nephew introduced me to his 7 year old grandson for the first time.
Stating " this is your great great uncle Billy ", grandson replied " hows he great " ?.
Took the smile from my face :cry::ROFLMAO:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our car deciding that today would be a good day to die. Always good for these things to happen when nearly all the car showrooms are closed, meaning that finding a new one will be difficult.

Got the not unexpected phone call from the garage today to say that the car was terminal and there's no point in fixing it. Fortunately Mrs Colch is good friends with the owner's wife so they've taken the car for parts/scrap which means that our bill for recovery and diagnostics is covered. Now just got to decide whether to spend £1k on a dirty run around that will get us through the next 6 months or to splash out on a more expensive car that will last us a few years.