Random Irritations

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
'Where are all the SNP members in the audience' asks Fiona Bruce on QT
The camera pans to four Tory Moray councillors and a former Tory MSP.
Three of that five are 'selected' to reply to questions.
Rules of the programme forbid politicians from the audience.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
'Where are all the SNP members in the audience' asks Fiona Bruce on QT
The camera pans to four Tory Moray councillors and a former Tory MSP.
Three of that five are 'selected' to reply to questions.
Rules of the programme forbid politicians from the audience.
Is that not a representative number within the audienece in relation to across the UK.......I assume this is broadcast across the whole of the UK?
Perhaps the SNP aren't as popular across the UK as you might think....or wish.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Is that not a representative number within the audienece in relation to across the UK.......I assume this is broadcast across the whole of the UK?
Perhaps the SNP aren't as popular across the UK as you might think....or wish.

The BBC say they select the audience/panel to represent the area they are broadcasting from.
In this case Morayshire.
Pretty unusual area for balance due to the 'fall out' from local forces based personnel.
But a 70% Pro Tory/Unionist audience from an area where the SNP recently took control of the council is absolutely extracting the urine.:D

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The BBC say they select the audience/panel to represent the area they are broadcasting from.
In this case Morayshire.
Pretty unusual area for balance due to the 'fall out' from local forces based personnel.
But a 70% Pro Tory/Unionist audience from an area where the SNP recently took control of the council is absolutely extracting the urine.:D
Thats as maybe, but as the show is broadcast UK wide the audience has to represent the UK as a whole, whilst reflecting the local "tastes"
Now if it was on BBC Scotland.....;)

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Urzad Wojewodzki (Government Offices) Arrived at 7.30 this morning, I had a document to collect, when you enter theres a touchscreen computer and you select the service you need and it gives you a ticket. So select English, and theres an option for "Collect Document" that sounds like me! Number L16, ok not too bad, waited until 9.00 for them to actually start serving people, L16 was called about 9.30, great! Gave them the slip for the document; -

"This is for an EU document"
"Yes, I'm British"
"I only deal with non-EU"
"This is the desk the computer brought me to"
"It's not me, I only deal with non-EU"
"Ok do you know where I should go?"
"You'll have to go to someone else"

Right. Found the information desk told them the situation, "Ok go to room 151", when I get there, "go to room 155", ok I go there and theres a lady looking very surprised that I'd just walked in, "Hello, I'm trying to collect this document I've been told it's ready", "Yes you can collect it but you'll need to take a ticket, on Monday"

Luckily a quick call to SWMBO and she's on the phone to the lady whose been dealing with my application who agreed to come down to give me the document, and 3 hours weren't completely wasted.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Parcelforce taking my new hybrid to the post office because no one was home - the post office I then walk past on my way home from work, around 8 minutes after it closed.