Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
TFL changing the Overground timetable. Used to have a train every 20 minutes, now they run at intervals of 13, 17 and 30 minutes. Whose stupid was that?? They said it's a temporary change because of HS2 work, but failed to explain how or why that makes any sense.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
TFL changing the Overground timetable. Used to have a train every 20 minutes, now they run at intervals of 13, 17 and 30 minutes. Whose stupid was that?? They said it's a temporary change because of HS2 work, but failed to explain how or why that makes any sense.

I get how this might be an irritation but not sure there's a need for them to make sure every passenger understands the specific reasoning and rationale. I doubt your average Joe & Janet Public have the capacity to understand it anyway

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I get how this might be an irritation but not sure there's a need for them to make sure every passenger understands the specific reasoning and rationale. I doubt your average Joe & Janet Public have the capacity to understand it anyway

Very hard double edged sword aswell. Whenever there is a failure I have to avoid the Tfl twitter for my line because you get countless complaints whilst your manager is praising the team for good work for getting the failure fixed again without people getting stuck in tunnel sections but the public will be complaining (rightly so aswell as they have paid for a service) that they can’t get from a-b right now or were at a station and held for 10 mins (to stop them getting stuck in a hot tunnel)

Have to ignore it as you can’t please anyone and no matter how much you explain what you did was best to actually keep it safe and avoid further delay there is always a Twitter expert who knows better

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Very hard double edged sword aswell. Whenever there is a failure I have to avoid the Tfl twitter for my line because you get countless complaints whilst your manager is praising the team for good work for getting the failure fixed again without people getting stuck in tunnel sections but the public will be complaining (rightly so aswell as they have paid for a service) that they can’t get from a-b right now or were at a station and held for 10 mins (to stop them getting stuck in a hot tunnel)

Have to ignore it as you can’t please anyone and no matter how much you explain what you did was best to actually keep it safe and avoid further delay there is always a Twitter expert who knows better

yup, and that'll do for my random irritation for today

We live in a world of instant communication channels and a society that more and more expects instant full disclosure about everything... who'd then complain about the cost of everything going up because thousands of communication experts are employed to discuss what you think of xyz just so they can log on and slag off all the decisions anyway :mad:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
yup, and that'll do for my random irritation for today

We live in a world of instant communication channels and a society that more and more expects instant full disclosure about everything... who'd then complain about the cost of everything going up because thousands of communication experts are employed to discuss what you think of xyz just so they can log on and slag off all the decisions anyway :mad:

Agreed. Whilst I understand you have to Be accountable now. As always the human race takes it to the extreme. It’s not good enough to give a reason anymore.

Unfortunately I only have train story’s because my life is boring but if I’m on a desk and hold a train then forget because something happens and it’s there say 5 mins. Rightly I should be pulled up on it. My fault , however should there be a 1 min gap in a 3 min service and you get pulled for it then it gets a bit meaningless to be told off.. my favourite are when the excess wait times come out for the day before.. if we have over 15 seconds excess wait times it’s frowned upon. Just wow. 15 seconds. Really

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Taken from another forum under a similar thread.

"Flew back from a fabulous holiday in Spain and tried to support the club by playing in a competition. Found out when I got there I was playing with a real numpty and managed to last six holes before giving up. Memo to self to avoid his group in the future" :p
Pretty sure thats the case for 90% of the field

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Rupert rolling in Human shite again, had to spend an hour and a half chucking sticks in the Ness to get it off him... Who has a dump in bushes in the middle of a built up area????

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A bit more explanation than just "cos HS2" would have been nice that's all. :rolleyes:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Apple, and more specifically iphones. Jeez they are rubbish. I have one for work, and I have spent the last hour and a half trying to get an updated app on it. Now into a full factory reset. It is the biggest load of junk ever, and I would happily put a hammer through it.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Apple, and more specifically iphones. Jeez they are rubbish. I have one for work, and I have spent the last hour and a half trying to get an updated app on it. Now into a full factory reset. It is the biggest load of junk ever, and I would happily put a hammer through it.

Yeah I had to suffer with a work iphone for about three years, never again. Moved to android a couple years back, life is much easier

D

Deleted member 15344

The constant whinging about the last series of GoT and someone creating a “petition” to get it changed 🙄 - that’s a bit disrespectful to the actors etc who have worked hard to produce an excellent series

As with any television program not everyone is going to be happy with the ending

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having a crap round of golf and coming back to my car to find some sort of bird crap or tree sap splattered all over it...straight out to clean it when I got home.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Bird stuff on my CLS. I have not driven it for a few days, and Mrs Mogs is taking it to Derby tonight. It was previously washed and polished. It is now covered in bird do. Not big bits, but about 100 (not kidding) micro bits. 5mm diameter, but just loads of them. Whole flipping car needs washing.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
the two numpties who came to ours this morning to collect a Piano, had the wrong address, then left the front gates wide open so Rupert got out and they then almost ran him over.

FYI we have a big sign on the gate saying please close after you as there are dogs lose.