Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And while I am here, all the post I get from Public Sector bodies uses twice the paper it should as I get it in Welsh and English. Thought these folk were meant to be "green?"

Can't be tough to add language preferences to the mailing list

Out of interest, I genuinely don't know does anyone just speak Welsh?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Out of interest, I genuinely don't know does anyone just speak Welsh?
Been a while since i was there, but there were some folk in North Wales who only spoke Welsh. I worked briefly for Caernarfon Council and on my team there were two of us who only spoke English, two who spoke only Welsh and the rest (about 6) were biligual - but all with Welsh as first language. Made for interesting conversations

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
My car has had an engine management light on for a couple of weeks, managed to get it booked into the dealer for this Friday but in the meantime my employer has got me an alternative vehicle to drive. Took my regular car out for a short spin today and the warning light has disappeared. Going to look a right mug on Friday ?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
My car has had an engine management light on for a couple of weeks, managed to get it booked into the dealer for this Friday but in the meantime my employer has got me an alternative vehicle to drive. Took my regular car out for a short spin today and the warning light has disappeared. Going to look a right mug on Friday ?

ECM will have stored the EML code so they'll know you're not at it :D

sunshine

Visit site
Ok if we going to play silly buggers .. more and more earthquakes in the UK now than before

Other countries get them all time due to their location , geography, plate lines.. fracking

We are starting to get them I guess we ignore them because other countries get them aswell... Not extreme enough

You’re on shaky ground now

sunshine

Visit site
Been a while since i was there, but there were some folk in North Wales who only spoke Welsh. I worked briefly for Caernarfon Council and on my team there were two of us who only spoke English, two who spoke only Welsh and the rest (about 6) were biligual - but all with Welsh as first language. Made for interesting conversations

Imagine speaking only welsh. What a massive handicap, drive for an hour in any direction and you find yourself in a place where nobody understands a word you say.

I suppose you could say the same about scousers…

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Similar to me I’ve a Peugeot and red engine fault light comes on intermittently and when I stop it won’t restart, leave it 15 mins and it starts again.

Going to trade it in for a Volkswagen, even with the fault still getting a high price for trade in such is the demand for second hand cars

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Been trying to log in for work for almost 3 hours on my desk top with no joy so tried my work laptop and that’s decided that now is the perfect time to run a 90 minute update

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
School has assessed the boys reading and given him a rather simple book. He read that in 20minutes cover to cover. He is currently reading Harry Potter (completed at least 3 of them already) . Wife had a word and was told the school stands by their assessment and won’t review it. So she said okay he will read the books but then to slow him down they have requested a review of each book.
Not impressed myself, they have made a mistake, it has been identified and they need to rectify it. If he gets this Pooh now he won’t enjoy his education and won’t get the necessary qualifications.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I live in Leicestershire where, several centuries ago, everyone spoke Welsh, or something very similar, closely related language.
If a Welsh speaker went back in time they could probably make themselves understood by Boudicca in East Anglia and have a conversation. An English speaker today - no chance.
English people need to embrace the Welsh language as part of English heritage.
O bydded i'r heniaith barhau.

Now, I wonder how many people I have irritated?

I love the UK and all its languages and dialects.