Random Irritations

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I seem to have got a splinter in my thumb, right in the middle of the thumbprint area. No idea how you get it out as it's buried, and it's agony now whenever I grab something with it! It's starting to swell so hopefully that's my skin rejecting it and trying to push it out. 🤔😕

You'll need some super glue, a regular house brick, 1 medium carabiner & an 'indoor' house cat

let me know when you're ready....

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I seem to have got a splinter in my thumb, right in the middle of the thumbprint area. No idea how you get it out as it's buried, and it's agony now whenever I grab something with it! It's starting to swell so hopefully that's my skin rejecting it and trying to push it out. 🤔😕
Or sepsis kicking in 🤷🏼‍♂️ 🤣

I hope it’s not as I will feel a bit bad for making a joke.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When someone calls my colleague and is told "ok give my colleague 5 mins to put protection in then call him" and the second the phone goes down they call me

"Is protection in?"

No it's not

"Why?"

Because it takes 5 mins ....

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
When I had my ACL reconstruction (I was 25 so years ago) I got lost between two drs admins and was limping around for 18 months with a ruptured ACL
I was "lucky" when I ruptured my cruciate ligament. It was so bad (I actually snapped my ACL and stretched my MCL) that the doctor said as soon as the swelling (football size) went down, I would be operated on. I actually couldn't walk as there was nothing that would keep my leg straight.
Yeah they used my hamstring in mine as well - the incision they made to get to it is below my right knee, so how they got up to my hamstring from rhere blows my mind 😂. If I touch my toes now and run my hand up the back of my legs you can still tell the bit that was removed as it doesn't bulge like my other hamstring.

Interestingly I played rugby with a farmer lad and when he had his acl rebuilt they used a synthetic ligament as he obviously couldn't afford to be off his manual work for up to 9 months whilst everything got settled. He was up and about and back at work as soon as the swelling went down about 4 weeks later! He said it never quite got right though as he had to knock rugby on the head.

I do wonder how much of an impact it had on me playing without one for so long - they always say footballers lose a yard of pace after an ACL injury but in my case it was about 20 😂.

Before the injury I was a fast and fairly explosive winger - afterwards I was a trundling centre who probably should have joined the fatties in the forwards.
With me they took the middle out of my patella ligament (if I remember correctly) and screwed that into place. There were so many staples in my knee it looked like a zip fastener! I did look on the internet to see how the operation would go but felt sick after about 10 seconds and looked no more.
I was 3 months on crutches and a year before I could play golf. I just got better in time to join my current club. All this playing football at 46. I gave up playing football after that.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was "lucky" when I ruptured my cruciate ligament. It was so bad (I actually snapped my ACL and stretched my MCL) that the doctor said as soon as the swelling (football size) went down, I would be operated on. I actually couldn't walk as there was nothing that would keep my leg straight.

With me they took the middle out of my patella ligament (if I remember correctly) and screwed that into place. There were so many staples in my knee it looked like a zip fastener! I did look on the internet to see how the operation would go but felt sick after about 10 seconds and looked no more.
I was 3 months on crutches and a year before I could play golf. I just got better in time to join my current club. All this playing football at 46. I gave up playing football after that.

Ooo sod that! That sounds proper nasty