PXG?

Fabia999

Visit site
I have recently been watching sky sports golf. They seemed to be sponsored PXG, but I’ve never heard of them.
They don’t seem to be stocked anywhere I’ve been. Has anybody actually used/seen any?
And if so, are they any good?

Last edited:

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Their new driver release has had a significant price cut, given the price of Callaway, Ping and TM’s new offerings it’s now in the ballpark of reasonable.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I do mean PXG. I noticed the prices. I wasn’t sure if they had some good clubs for that price tag.

Heard a fairly well-respected fitter say that if money were no object, he'd be fitting people for the irons all day long. But they are ridiculous amounts. so he doesn't!

Never hit one so wouldn't know if it were true, if you have that sort of cash to spend on a club fair play to you, enjoy the process!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I have recently been watching sky sports golf. They seemed to be sponsored PXG, but I’ve never heard of them.
They don’t seem to be stocked anywhere I’ve been. Has anybody actually used/seen any?
And if so, are they any good?

A friend of mine got fitted for a full set a couple of months back after his other clubs were stolen from his car. He paid circa £7K for them :eek:. The Owner of PXG is ricjh in his own right, and used to be high up in Ping. He decided to look at making the best clubs possible, regardless of cost, and developed PXG. There are a number of PXG tour players - mostly American for the boys (https://www.pxg.com). I like the look of the clubs myself, but certainly wouldn't/ couldn't entertain the costs they are charging.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
A friend of mine got fitted for a full set a couple of months back after his other clubs were stolen from his car. He paid circa £7K for them :eek:. The Owner of PXG is ricjh in his own right, and used to be high up in Ping. He decided to look at making the best clubs possible, regardless of cost, and developed PXG. There are a number of PXG tour players - mostly American for the boys (https://www.pxg.com). I like the look of the clubs myself, but certainly wouldn't/ couldn't entertain the costs they are charging.

Not quite. Bob Parsons (a billionaire) founded, and sold GoDaddy, started his own golf company, Parsons Extreme Golf, and head hunted a few Ping guys.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
The owner is Bob Parsons, the founder of Go Daddy. not sure he had anything to do with Ping at all.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a hit of some on holiday, they felt great, looked good behind the ball but I couldn't justify the cost.

D

Deleted member 15344

That is nonsense. (Just my opinion of course!)

They are expensive no doubt but they are immaculately built and so nice to hit - if I could afford them then I would certainly very seriously consider them ( irons that is ) - superb clubs

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
My mate Robbo, got some, he doesn't change clubs lightly, in fact he only buys new stuff if there is a significant advantage. he's a tight bugger so he must think they are worth it. says the best dispersion of any club he;s hit in the last 5 years.. +1 so no chomper;)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just outta interest, Mags like golf monthly do reviews on expensive courses and clothing brands etc. Even some of the clubs are expensive. Yet to some it is pocket money. However has anyone ever done a like for like test for PXG clubs against say my slazenger Exocets. I would be interested to see the figures. 👍

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Just outta interest, Mags like golf monthly do reviews on expensive courses and clothing brands etc. Even some of the clubs are expensive. Yet to some it is pocket money. However has anyone ever done a like for like test for PXG clubs against say my slazenger Exocets. I would be interested to see the figures. 👍
Guy i was talking about had Ping i20, tried all the new pings too, he found significant improvement on dispersion, he's a good ball striker off +1 so it makes a difference to him, not chompers like you ... and me though;)