Playing/Lessons in Kent

simsini

Visit site
In recent weeks I've played Wrotham Heath (not too keen on it) and Cobtree (eek!) too. All are admittedly a huge step down from Knole Park. I would be keen to try Sittingbourne and Milton Regis, Bearsted and Kings Hill, but their visitor rates are high with little or no twilight discount. I had a lesson at Kings Hill which went very well.

As far as membership goes, it could be one of those two, or just pay Poult Wood £52 for a year for membership only without green fees, just so I can get into the swing of things again and get an official handicap.

Last edited:

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In recent weeks I've played Wrotham Heath (not too keen on it) and Cobtree (eek!) too. All are admittedly a huge step down from Knole Park. I would be keen to try Sittingbourne and Milton Regis, Bearsted and Kings Hill, but their visitor rates are high with little or no twilight discount. I had a lesson at Kings Hill which went very well.

As far as membership goes, it could be one of those two, or just pay Poult Wood £52 for a year for membership only without green fees, just so I can get into the swing of things again and get an official handicap.
Bunkermagent is a member at Sittingbourne.

simsini

Visit site
I have now played both courses at West Malling, and although the club is only 10 minutes from me, I won't be joining. I was surprised by how poor the courses were condition wise considering it's June, on a lot of holes it was hard to make out what was the fairway. The greens on the Hurricane course were the worst I've played. Bobbly and looked like they could be diseased.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I have now played both courses at West Malling, and although the club is only 10 minutes from me, I won't be joining. I was surprised by how poor the courses were condition wise considering it's June, on a lot of holes it was hard to make out what was the fairway. The greens on the Hurricane course were the worst I've played. Bobbly and looked like they could be diseased.
I could have told you that! Terrible courses.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Try Pedham Place. I've always enjoyed it and it's not too expensive. Brilliant winter course too.

simsini

Visit site
Try Pedham Place. I've always enjoyed it and it's not too expensive. Brilliant winter course too.
I've played Pedham Place many times in the past, and agree it is great in winter, was never too wet. I would be concerned with how overcrowded it gets.

gopher99

Visit site
I live at Kings Hill, and was thinking of joining Kings Hill a few years ago but because of my job I travel a lot it wasn’t financially worth it. I would be playing golf just to make sure I got my moneys worth, i eventually joined Pedham Place on a points membership scheme. Which works great for me as some months I play more, and others i dont play at all. I get to book 14 days in advance and i have never had an issue getting a tee time I want, there are also swindles and comps you can play in at the weekend.