Playing/Lessons in Kent

simsini

Visit site
Thanks. Looking forward to getting some rounds in and getting my first handicap for 9 years. Looks like every Saturday for 5 weeks is a competition. I wonder if I can play with others but not play in the competition as I have no handicap.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks. Looking forward to getting some rounds in and getting my first handicap for 9 years. Looks like every Saturday for 5 weeks is a competition. I wonder if I can play with others but not play in the competition as I have no handicap.

Looks like a good choice of club :) Membership fees look very reasonable compared to other courses in the area too.

Every club I've been at have allowed (helped in fact) new members sort a handicap by playing in comps. Assuming we're talking regular run of the mill stableford / medal comps, as opposed to something more important. Speak to the pro shop.

gopher99

Visit site
You should be able to play in the comps without an handicap, just get the people to mark your card. Once you have 3 cards and a handicap, then you will be allowed to play in the bigger club comps etc with a chance of your name on the wall. I didn’t even remember that hole at Bearsted, it’s one of the only courses that I know that starts with a par 3 and ends with a par 3.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Looks nice enough from that 1 pic! If you want to show a few of us around, there seems to be quite a few of us in this corner of Kent!

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
To hijack the thread a bit, Teegirl and I are looking to get a round in sometime next week and are looking for a reasonable course with a sensible visitors green fee in Kent, somewhere within an hour or so's drive from Rolvenden - so generally the area covered in this thread . Seems to me that that would cover Tonbridge - Canterbury - Ashford and south to Hastings. Any ideas?

Currently there's just the 2 of us but would love to make it a mini "Forum meet" and make it either a 3 or 4 ball. Any takers?

TIA

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To hijack the thread a bit, Teegirl and I are looking to get a round in sometime next week and are looking for a reasonable course with a sensible visitors green fee in Kent, somewhere within an hour or so's drive from Rolvenden - so generally the area covered in this thread . Seems to me that that would cover Tonbridge - Canterbury - Ashford and south to Hastings. Any ideas?

Currently there's just the 2 of us but would love to make it a mini "Forum meet" and make it either a 3 or 4 ball. Any takers?

TIA
Could you get.to Chestfield.GC ( between Whitstable and Herne bay ) by 10:20 next Friday ?

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Could you get.to Chestfield.GC ( between Whitstable and Herne bay ) by 10:20 next Friday ?
Hi Spongie. Is that this coming Friday or Friday 14th?

If it's 14th, I'll leave it up to Teegirl to make the decision as I don't know if she'll be making her way back home that day. It would be OK for me. Thanks for the offer.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi Spongie. Is that this coming Friday or Friday 14th?

If it's 14th, I'll leave it up to Teegirl to make the decision as I don't know if she'll be making her way back home that day. It would be OK for me. Thanks for the offer.
Next week, it was the only tee slot available before a club match.