Puma Golf Shoes

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does anyone use Puma golf shoes?

I always used FootJoy contour Boa for winter and they are a good shoe, sadly these are no longer available in black with Boa.

My Pro stocks Puma Tour ignite shoes these have a Bod design, I am told they are good but I heard the designer was the former Addidas designer.

Adidas golf shoes I have had in the past have been comfortable but wear the heal out after around nine months and I do not want to spend £100 on a pair of shoes for nine moths where FJ last for two to three years.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does anyone use Puma golf shoes?

I always used FootJoy contour Boa for winter and they are a good shoe, sadly these are no longer available in black with Boa.

My Pro stocks Puma Tour ignite shoes these have a Bod design, I am told they are good but I heard the designer was the former Addidas designer.

Adidas golf shoes I have had in the past have been comfortable but wear the heal out after around nine months and I do not want to spend £100 on a pair of shoes for nine moths where FJ last for two to three years.

I have a pair of the ignite shoes, normal lace tho. Very good shoe, very comfy and the fit is good. Only used them for a couple months so can't speak as to how they ware over time. I won mine through a comp but would defo by them again.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I bought a pair of Ignite with the boa disk system back in February and really like them however the left heel has worn into a hole on mine, noticed it yesterday so an email to Golfbase will follow today for a response.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought a pair of Ignite with the boa disk system back in February and really like them however the left heel has worn into a hole on mine, noticed it yesterday so an email to Golfbase will follow today for a response.

Cheers Val.

Exactly what happened to all my Addidas shoes, I was thinking if same designer maybe same problems.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
in a nice way this is a completely useless thread. shoes are one item where you can't take any advice as all our feet are different. my pp will only wear puma and adidas and after trying 2 different pairs of puma i cant wear them through blisters.

its just a case of "suck it and see"

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
in a nice way this is a completely useless thread. shoes are one item where you can't take any advice as all our feet are different. my pp will only wear puma and adidas and after trying 2 different pairs of puma i cant wear them through blisters.

its just a case of "suck it and see"

Completely agree, my question really is more about ware of shoes, although I guess that depends if you are on 70 rounds a year or 870

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Completely agree, my question really is more about ware of shoes, although I guess that depends if you are on 70 rounds a year or 870

i get the hole in the adidas too and my friend doew. very strange.

however I've just Baught some eccos at £150 and they shred the crap out of my heel (gave me a blister on my heel that i tapped up prior) ecco said there's nothing wrong with the shoe so they won't refund me.!!!!

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i get the hole in the adidas too and my friend doew. very strange.

however I've just Baught some eccos at £150 and they shred the crap out of my heel (gave me a blister on my heel that i tapped up prior) ecco said there's nothing wrong with the shoe so they won't refund me.!!!!

Have a pair of Ecco Bioms but not waterproof, really like them have had them over 5 years and still going strong (summer golf only) tried the Gore-Tex ones and the sole split after two years. Will not invest in another pair just looking for something that will keep my feet dry through the winter.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Golfbase told me to send them back and they'll issue a replacement or credit note, no remarks of inspections etc so wonder if this is a known common complaint to retailers.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I had a pair of Puma golf shoes and the heels wore very quickly and then ripped a good pair of golf socks in the process. I won't be buying another pair. In addition, the standard Puma PINS cleats were incredibly fragile and broke off in the fitting, I had to replace lots of them over the length of time I owned them. The Masters PINS cleats I put in as replacements were fine.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Got the ignite boa's from the reader test; I normally use FJ and have a pair of the hyperflexes, the ignite boas feel nigh on the same in my opinion, and must admit they look lovely. I've not had them long enough to tell regarding wear in the heels though.