extra wide golf shoes

Yogidog1

Visit site
Morning all,looking for suggestions for extra wide golf shoes,i do like footjoy but struggling to find any extra wide in a 9/9.5 in black, preferably spiked.Does anyone else have the same problem and have had any alternative shoes please,all replies appreciated.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've got wide feet. I've had FJ wide fit, but due to the drop in leather quality the stretched way to much once worn a few times.
I've had ecco shoes since. Been able to wear them straight from the box. The spike less ones though. Can't say for the newer ones, but the older style work for me, so much so I even have 4 spare pairs.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I recently bought a pair of FJ Traditions in black…Size 8 EW.

Note that I have always bought 9.5 standard width. The FJ fitter told me my size was actually 8EW or 8.5W. That I’d always been buying larger sizes was simply that I felt I needed larger standard width to give me the width I needed…but they were actually too big for me.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Morning all,looking for suggestions for extra wide golf shoes,i do like footjoy but struggling to find any extra wide in a 9/9.5 in black, preferably spiked.Does anyone else have the same problem and have had any alternative shoes please,all replies appreciated.

Under Armour generally do a roomy wide fit

IanMcC

Visit site
I have quite wide feet and FJs begin to nip after a while. Try Under Armour. They are definitely wider, and very comfy too.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Good luck! Finding wide is bad enough. UA wide are quite snug for me so I’d rule them out. I take it you wear thin socks too?

Buckles01

Visit site
I recently bought a pair of FJ Traditions in black…Size 8 EW.

Note that I have always bought 9.5 standard width. The FJ fitter told me my size was actually 8EW or 8.5W. That I’d always been buying larger sizes was simply that I felt I needed larger standard width to give me the width I needed…but they were actually too big for me.
Very true, I’ve been buying shoes accidentally too big for years. Bought a pair of white Traditions last year but was wary of folks saying the leather quality had reduced and they cracked where they creased. Had my feet measured, sized down as advised and funnily enough 12 months in no creases or cracks because they fit as they should 🤦🏻‍♂️

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Very true, I’ve been buying shoes accidentally too big for years. Bought a pair of white Traditions last year but was wary of folks saying the leather quality had reduced and they cracked where they creased. Had my feet measured, sized down as advised and funnily enough 12 months in no creases or cracks because they fit as they should 🤦🏻‍♂️
I’ve noticed over the years that the upper of any walking or golf shoe I wear creases and cracks, and often splits where the upper joins the sole. This was because with shoes too big there was excess upper where the shoe bent, and this is what caused the problem.

My new size 8EW feel very snug - well they would as they are 1.5 sizes smaller than I am used to. But they feel very comfortable and there is definately a lot less ‘loose” upper where previous there was creasing and cracking.

scottac20

Club Champion
Visit site
I have 13 wide feet(and had my feet measured as extra wide). I bought Under Armour "Wide" recently and I couldn't even get the laces to touch. My last few pairs have been relaxed fit Skechers and they've been excellent. Used to have Adidas as they were always good and then I bought 360 Wide's and they were so narrow I had to take them off when walking the fairways at St Andrew once due to the cramp from them being too tight. Since read Adidas "wide" is now normal fit, which I think is the same for the likes of Nike - which makes no sense! Good luck!