Pulling the trigger!!!!!

staffo77

Medal Winner
Visit site
Does anyone else have problem / tips with just making a swing

I would not say i have a big problem yet (Kevin Na comes to mind) but still feel that i stand there too long.

Any tips????

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
If you were playing for the kind of money that Kevin Na does I guess the solution would be far more sophisticated/complex.

To a degree you are just playing a shot, the outcome has no bearing other than you might take an extra shot or two, it might be a blob but then you just move onto the next hole. If you can take the situation out of your mind (imagine you are at the range) or the outcome (big deal so you miss the fairway/green) then you can just try and put your best swing on it. A routine often helps, you walk in to the ball.. get in your posture, count one, two, three then just swing.... ideally whislt it is a creative game it pays to be more like a machine sometimes.

staffo77

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have slightly exagarrted my problem maybe.

I dont stiffen up but having joined a club recently i am more conscious i think of speeding up my play when i a comp.

I like the idea of a forward press as i do the same thing now when puttin

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Tell yourself it doesn't matter and you don't care about the result. You're gonna hit good shots and bad shots, the bad ones will most often come when your trying too hard to hit the good ones

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
During a lesson my pro commented on how I bounce slightly at adress, always jiggling and moving. I asked how to fix it and he dont me its not a bad thing, infact he does it himself! It just keeps the tension at bay, the only times I should not do it is during chipping and putting as this tends to result in inconsistent short delicate swings. That is a habit I am trying hard to get out of!

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used to be a bit og a Kevin Na/Serio, with lots of waggles and I could only start my swing when I felt ready. Sometimes that would be 8 or 9 waggles.

I then consciously worked on having a set routine and have reduced it to 5 waggles then go!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have a guy who takes at least 30 seconds after addressing the ball to pull the trigger. Hardly a twitch and it looks as though he has frozen over it every time. Still gets it round off 12 or 13 and so a good golfer and ironically is like a hare between shots. Once I'm over the ball, its a waggle, final glance at the target and pull the trigger.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you are spending a long time looking at the ball then you will probably have too much going on in your mind.

A good trigger is to nudge the right knee in towards the left then as you bring it back start your backswing.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We have a guy who takes at least 30 seconds after addressing the ball to pull the trigger. Hardly a twitch and it looks as though he has frozen over it every time. Still gets it round off 12 or 13 and so a good golfer and ironically is like a hare between shots. Once I'm over the ball, its a waggle, final glance at the target and pull the trigger.

Homer, myself and the person Homer is talking about were once referred to as " The Pro, the super Pro and the Super Slow" :D

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Yea, I definitely do. I fidget a lot in my stance, shuffling my feet back and forth, before I feel comfortable and I often step out of my stance.

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
Ive had the same routine since I was 12. Address ball,look up, hit. Over in 5 seconds. I do all my thinking teeing up. Best just to let it go like a good strong fart,keeps the demons away,although both can leave your underpants stained if you don't get it right...