professional golf and you

D

Deleted member 1147

Now you've taken to childish assumptions, very grown up discussion isn't it

Not really - by stating that Murph and/or people with mid-teen handicaps know nothing about good golf you pretty much removed all common sense from the "discussion".

D

Deleted Member 1156

Very low handicap golfer, candied for alot of good professionals, friends with caddies, carry out work for a couple of tour pros. Yeah I have a fair idea, the average golf handicap is 16 or whatever. This is why the average guy has no clue about playing good golf because they don't think about anything except not losing they're ball on they're next shot

That's all very well and good but you seem to assume that everybody on here is a mid/high handicapper that doesn't have any experience. There are pros on here, people who have won world amateur ranking events, people that have played scratch team, county and national level golf. So please don't assume everyone is ignorant on all things golf.

There are certain facts that you can't get away from and one of those is golf is getting slower and something needs to be done about it.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am standing by the tee on a par 3. The green ahead is busy, so the 3 pros are waiting. Fair enough. Eventually the green is clear. So the first player and his caddy only now pull out the yardage books, and faff about. The second player to play will only consult his book after the first has played. That is totally unnecessary time wasting in my view, and makes golf incredibly boring to watch. For any non golfer going to watch, it is not going to win anyone over into trying the game. This sort of time wasting serves no purpose. It doesnt make them play better. It just makes it boring.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I am standing by the tee on a par 3. The green ahead is busy, so the 3 pros are waiting. Fair enough. Eventually the green is clear. So the first player and his caddy only now pull out the yardage books, and faff about. The second player to play will only consult his book after the first has played. That is totally unnecessary time wasting in my view, and makes golf incredibly boring to watch. For any non golfer going to watch, it is not going to win anyone over into trying the game. This sort of time wasting serves no purpose. It doesnt make them play better. It just makes it boring.

totally agree, this whole PSR business is def slowing the game up. you see youngsters copying what the pro's do, even one of the other cat 1 players at my place has started this too, reg takes 4 hours to play a round on his own and took five and a half for the last medal in 2016 none of my group want to play with him anymore because he takes so long.

D

Deleted member 1147

I went to the British Masters at Woburn and found the best option was was where you could watch action on more than one hole quite easily.
For example standing between the 11th & 12th fairways or the 4th & 5th fairways. That way you can watch one group play, then nip over the the other fairway and watch another group. Just kept going between the two. Or, sit near the green on a par 5 (upto 100yds out), as you get to see the long approaches coming in, the wedge play, short game and putting in more detail and it can seem like you get more action - par 3's are the dullest holes to watch IMHO.