Prepaying for use of clubhouse restaurant and bar

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
We have £20 put on our cards every year which even the most casual user can get shut of easy enough

If i top up my card i get 10% off drinks and food which is great for me as most of my golf is with the missus and have no need to rush back home

ColinR

Head Pro
Visit site
We have £100.00 levy on ours. I've already used up this years amount and topped up with another £60.00 !! I always go in the bar after a game, and quite often have something to eat there as well. The Par 3 and Par 5 breakfasts are just perfect :)

Ours is a very sociable club, so anyone left with money on their card is normally known as a bit of a tight git who never gets a round in !!

thegogg

Head Pro
www.vlgc.co.uk
I know of clubs round here that do this but I have to say I don't go along with it and thankfully our club doesn't have it.

We do have to load our entry/members cards with cash (no minimum amount) as we now have to book for comps on line with payment taken off your card... no credit, no entry. I think it's a good system but some of the older members are complaining (the very ones that use to block booked on entry sheets!). We also get a 15% discount off food and drink paying by card so I like the system, hic.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I don't see a real problem with the pre-pay route except that it should be voluntary. Most golfers go in for a pint and a bacon sarnie after the round but not all. Some just want to turn up, play and the go. For some, that's all they're able to do.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I cannot believe they get away with this, is it legal?

You should not be able to force someone to spend their own money without them choseing to do it. Next you will have to pay for £100 credit in the pro shop - scandalous

Well I would rather pay the £35 levy each year than not support the club, though thats usually drank within the first week. I get sick to the teeth of golfers who roll up for the monthly medal and only turn up in the clubhouse when its prize night. They don't support the club except subs and expect it to run on thin air, golf clubs are not just places of golf but as well as the social scene and being part of a "club/scene"

Faldo_Fan

Head Pro
Visit site
freddielong: You're exactly why Clubs have introduced this

No I totally understand why they do it I just question someone forcing me to spend my money - I am T total, don't drink fizzy drinks and have a young family that is the reason that I don't spend to much time in the clubhouse.

They do a lovely pot of tea at my club! :D

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Wednesday was the first day since joining that I have not had a pint after finishing a round, the reason was it was already 9pm and I was starving.

Freddie I have friends with young families and that doesnt stop them being part of the club and supporting their club, I don't understand your reason to run off the 18th straight home.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Freddie I have friends with young families and that doesnt stop them being part of the club and supporting their club, I don't understand your reason to run off the 18th straight home.

I have my own buisness so work 6 days a week as it is, once I have played golf I support my family which is more important to me than the golf club, maybe this is not the case with your friends.