Pre-shot Routine

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You don't speak to your FC between shots ?!

Your pace of play as a group should be keeping up with the group in front of you - that I believe is accepted pace of play within all clubs and pro tournaments. If you're not keeping up with play then your group will be creating gaps in the field and more than likely holding up players behind you.

I never said I don't speak to them, I tend not to banter as I'm sprinting down the fairway to reach my ball, to give me the maximum amount of time to prepare myself for the next shot I'm to play and not wanting to hold up a genius behind me.

God you must be a barrel of laughs the second you see that you've lost 10 yds on the group in front.......

D

Deleted member 15344

I never said I don't speak to them, I tend not to banter as I'm sprinting down the fairway to reach my ball, to give me the maximum amount of time to prepare myself for the next shot I'm to play and not wanting to hold up a genius behind me.

God you must be a barrel of laughs the second you see that you've lost 10 yds on the group in front.......

Nothing like dealing with extremes Is there

Do you intend of going to a forum meet or are they not serious enough for you and too much enjoyment for you

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Your pace of play as a group should be keeping up with the group in front of you - that I believe is accepted pace of play within all clubs and pro tournaments. If you're not keeping up with play then your group will be creating gaps in the field and more than likely holding up players behind you.

Remember that it's 'keeping up' not 'getting up (their chuffs)'. So with 9 minute tee times, you should be where the group in front are 9 minutes after them - with a bit of leeway for Par 3s and, maybe, 5s. 10 minute tee times actually normally means quicker, better flowing rounds.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
IMO slow PSR's do not slow down rounds like fast PSR's do not really speed them up. To me it is what the player does in preparation to playing his shot. I have just had a rough look at my PSR and it is around 20-30 secs. Thing is that time is reduced because I am getting ready for my shot before it is my turn to play. All I need to do before my shot is have a quick swing and line up. So am I holding up play more than someone with a 15 second PSR that does not start until it is their turn to play?

I think Phil is getting a rough ride here and I would agree with him. A long PSR is one that causes you group to loose ground on the match infront. 10, 20 60 seconds. It does not matter as a lot of that time can be cut down while waiting to play, it becomes a problem when you do not start while waiting to play.

D

Deleted member 15344

Remember that it's 'keeping up' not 'getting up (their chuffs)'. So with 9 minute tee times, you should be where the group in front are 9 minutes after them - with a bit of leeway for Par 3s and, maybe, 5s. 10 minute tee times actually normally means quicker, better flowing rounds.

Hence why is said keeping up as opposed to pushing - but obviously if the group in front have slowed down then you may well end up being stuck behind them and end up waiting for them. Normally when I reach the tee I expect the group in front to have just moved on for their second shots , and when I reach my second shot they have just left the green.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
IMO slow PSR's do not slow down rounds like fast PSR's do not really speed them up. To me it is what the player does in preparation to playing his shot. I have just had a rough look at my PSR and it is around 20-30 secs. Thing is that time is reduced because I am getting ready for my shot before it is my turn to play. All I need to do before my shot is have a quick swing and line up. So am I holding up play more than someone with a 15 second PSR that does not start until it is their turn to play?

I think Phil is getting a rough ride here and I would agree with him. A long PSR is one that causes you group to loose ground on the match infront. 10, 20 60 seconds. It does not matter as a lot of that time can be cut down while waiting to play, it becomes a problem when you do not start while waiting to play.
Good post mate. I couldn't care less what someone's PSR is, as long as they are ready to play when it is their turn. Unfortunately I have seen a lot of golfers who watch their partners play, and then start deciding what club to get out of the bag.:mad: Perhaps that is part of their PSR ?:mad:;)

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do you know what, sod all these PSR's. What really grips my [insert 4 letter word starting with S] is people who insist on studying putts from all 4 angles then doing a plumb line with their putter. They then still miss that 12 foot putt 12 inches below the hole and stick it 4 foot past, then go and do it all again. Now that is a PSR that slows play down.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
tomasi_400.jpg