Practice balls - Colouring

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
I’ve got a bag with about a million practise balls in. We are hopefully soon to get a decent practise ground and to avoid losing all my balls I was thinking if there was anyway to dye them a different colour.

Is this possible? Has anyone ever done it?

Digger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No idea, just don't dye them green ;)
It's also gonna take a while to do a million balls.
And how big is the bag :eek:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I paid a nephew to draw thick lines around the circumference of my practice balls with a red permanent marker so they stood out. Very easy on a range full of balls to see the lines from most angles

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I've also thought about this, but I have hunners of them, if I lose a few, I'll not miss them. Hit 20 pick up 16, I'll live with that.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've also thought about this, but I have hunners of them, if I lose a few, I'll not miss them. Hit 20 pick up 16, I'll live with that.

To be honest he must have done several hundred over a few months so I agree, leaving a few out there makes no difference. I've found that others simply bash them out another day so they tend to come home to me eventually anyway

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My mate decided to two tone (sim to Ping) all his golf balls. Net result big - red and yellow marks in the middle of his clubs.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I used to just draw a double line around them with a super thick marker. was a bit of a waste of time though as soon after my club went to free balls provided by the club.. Pinnacle excelsior balls ( which some of the seniors nick) Ive now got two shag bags full of old prov 1's that i don't use and took me ages to mark:(

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I looked up the rit line dye and it seems a bit of messing. I was hoping to be able to throw the balls in a bucket of water then the dye and leave them overnight. I’ll probably go for the drawing lines option. My daughter might fancy the job!!!!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It would be quicker just to get one of those thick bingo type dabber pens and just dab a dot or two rather than draw perfect lines around each ball.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Is this really a thing? We have a hit-your-own-balls range area. People just wander down, pick up 20 balls and then fire them back out. Rinse and repeat.