Potential Golf Monthly Website Forum MyGolfRanking league...

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
My name cropped up on their midlothian leaderboard last year which was a bit surprising as I knew nothing about it! I guess the club must have signed up but not told anyone they had done so! Must admit I never managed to get my head round exactly what it was and whether it had any merit as it seemed fairly arbitrary and certainly wasn't a ranking of the best golfers in the area.

Is it simply based on net scores or is there more to it?

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
My name cropped up on their midlothian leaderboard last year which was a bit surprising as I knew nothing about it! I guess the club must have signed up but not told anyone they had done so! Must admit I never managed to get my head round exactly what it was and whether it had any merit as it seemed fairly arbitrary and certainly wasn't a ranking of the best golfers in the area.

Is it simply based on net scores or is there more to it?

It is based on net scores and isn't a system to rank the best golfers in the region (generally already done by the area authorities) but ordinary handicap club golfers.

This release that went out early last year explains it more fully...

https://mygolfranking.net/expert-ne...-of-global-rankings-to-golf-clubs-everywhere/

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
It is based on net scores and isn't a system to rank the best golfers in the region (generally already done by the area authorities) but ordinary handicap club golfers.

This release that went out early last year explains it more fully...

https://mygolfranking.net/expert-ne...-of-global-rankings-to-golf-clubs-everywhere/

OK I've read a bit more about it so it's slightly more than just net scores. It includes points for placings in events, modified by the number of competitors.

Might be fun for a forum ranking so put me in...

Karen Ferguson-Snedden
Liberton
Master Scoreboard

D

Deleted member 17920

Ok,

offically last years highest handicap increase on the forum so will it be bottom of the table two years running.

Glyn Roddy
Woodhall Spa
intelligent golf

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ian Galbraith
North Berwick Golf Club
Seems to be called 'freetime' from a provider called epicsoftware - whether there is another package hiding underneath I can't tell.