Postage costs

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I use MyHermes which is about £5 but you can’t send anything over 1m for that price. Anything over 1m goes by ParcelForce which is £11 ish

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What about Argos click and collect? A few of the things I've bought used that for delivery. It was convenient because often there's nobody at home at mine, but I can just pop in my nearest Argos and get it. Can't remember what sort of money they charge though.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
120cm is 47 inches.....even allowing for a bit of cardboard at either end you can send drivers no problem unless it's a Cobra Long Tom.
Most drivers are less than 46 inches and most drivers are adjustable so you can take the head off.

You clearly have never put a driver in to a standard driver box and measured the length of the parcel.

You can get the parcel down to the required length but you have to use a bit of design expertise to figure it and something a bit bigger and wider than a standard driver box.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What about Argos click and collect? A few of the things I've bought used that for delivery. It was convenient because often there's nobody at home at mine, but I can just pop in my nearest Argos and get it. Can't remember what sort of money they charge though.

Last time I looked at click and collect, great service for a business but not for an individual. The carrier list is very restrictive and expensive without an account.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
You clearly have never put a driver in to a standard driver box and measured the length of the parcel.

You can get the parcel down to the required length but you have to use a bit of design expertise to figure it and something a bit bigger and wider than a standard driver box.

Ok.
You keep using PF and spending double what I spend:thup:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ok.
You keep using PF and spending double what I spend:thup:

I use MyHermes with good parcel design. My local parcel shop has a ruler attached to the wall to measure the length of the parcels before they accept them.
My experience is that the thickness of the cardboard at each end is sufficient to take the parcel over the 1200 mm limit.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
you still have to post it to Argos though using the courier of your choice.