A Round for Two plus Lunch at Richmond Golf Club

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The charity my wife works for is running an online fundraising evening that includes the closure of a silent auction - the auction is running with 5 days to go.

One of the items being auctioned is a morning round for two at Richmond Golf Club, London - hosted by the donating member and including lunch. The clubhouse is a spectacular mansion and the course looks a fine parkland track - and it smacks of exclusivity. But beyond that I have no idea. If I was thinking of bidding - though it’s most very probably going to be way outside my affordability - anyone played it or know of it? What might be a worthwhile bid? Any ideas folks?

And separately - anyone interested in bidding (separate from any bid I might do) let me know.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i played it about 10 years ago after winning bid at a charity auction - as you say, Clubhouse is very impressive but i was not impressed with the course. Cannot remember much apart from it feeling a little space constrained and not wanting to rush back. To me it was a significant step down from the members courses in the Reading area like Sonning, Calcot, Reading etc. So golf wise, i don't see it being worth more than around £30 each

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's a nice enough course but nothing truly spectacular. The clubhouse is amazing and any course that has a Porsche garage advertising on its scorecard must be doing something right. We played a scratch match over there a few years back and were made to feel incredibly welcome on a practice round and the day of the match. I'd pay £50 to play there but nothing more.