Post Office - Horizon scandal

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
She appears to be an expert in putting three or four sentences together without actually saying anything.

Self serving remorse in the form of snuffles/tears that are completely worthless.

Go to jail, go directly to jail, do not pass Go, do not collect £5 million in wages and bonuses.

Last edited:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
She's playing a blinding game of "caught stone cold bullshit bingo"..

Here's some words you committed to email that are damning... "that's just badly worded..." this is her particular favourite.

It's up there with the new trend of being challenged on saying/doing something abhorrent and then trotting out the "that's not representative of my beliefs..." line that makes it all better.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The police have been asked not to send folk to Prison. If I was a copper I would be waiting outside the hearing when she has done. Cuff her and put her in the slammer for a long time. An Odious woman.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I sense a pattern forming. When caught out by Mr Beers on something personally damning, cries. But shakes the tears off very quickly.

A very horrible specimen of a human being. Knew nothing, seen nothing, heard nothing.

At the very least should repay all salary and bonuses by the very dint of being the worst CEO in history and for not providing value for public money as CEO.

Swango1980

Visit site
Surely nobody is surprised by the answers that the PO people have been giving. I was 99% positive that none of them would come out and say

"yes, I'm guilty of the deed you speak off, I was only interested in getting convictions, and wasn't really worried if there was a possibility the Horizon system was flawed. And once we got far enough into the process, we just decided to stick with the prosecutions, as it was too embarrassing to acknowledge the likely truth. We were simply praying that it would never become public knowledge, we'd get away with it, and be able to live our privileged lives well into retirement."

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
So many facts that she "was not informed" or "not made aware of" or "personally did not know".

Just what exactly did she do each and every day during her years as CEO ?

Are we supposed to believe that the suffering of Sub Postmasters was not caused by other people, but the cause was uncontrollable like the weather?

Last edited:

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Surely nobody is surprised by the answers that the PO people have been giving. I was 99% positive that none of them would come out and say

"yes, I'm guilty of the deed you speak off, I was only interested in getting convictions, and wasn't really worried if there was a possibility the Horizon system was flawed. And once we got far enough into the process, we just decided to stick with the prosecutions, as it was too embarrassing to acknowledge the likely truth. We were simply praying that it would never become public knowledge, we'd get away with it, and be able to live our privileged lives well into retirement."
Tbf.. you are right that no one expects them to say they have criminally done anything.
In my limited opinion they can’t be sent to prison for such acts. It is the scale of the coverup and incompetence that is mind boggling

D-S

Visit site
I think the KC who asked Angela van den B “Are you lying or just incompetent?” had the question right - the answer is a bit of both with all of them in different proportions.
It was the Tim McCormack emails to Vennels that were fascinating today. He spelt out the issues and the devastation clearly and repeatedly to her but she just passed them down the chain.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Been a bit busy over the last two days. Just about caught up on yesterday’s evidence. Vennells tripped up on a good number of occasions. For me, the best one was at around 1:20 into yesterday afternoon’s session in which she was totally nailed on remote access, inc. mentioning Michael Rudkin’s visit to Fujitsu. Yet 2 years later she (appeared) to lie to the Commons Select committee about remote access.

Edit; the last 5 minutes of the afternoon session are interesting - great question. But don’t take Vennells answer at face value. Equally, she may not have questioned the tone of the briefing doc because it was exactly as she wanted it… and in the context of how the PO behaved around the messaging, I’m inclined to believe the latter.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think Vennels got really lucky .
Sunak calling a general election on the day she appears .
So she’s number two on the news and not on the front pages.
How lucky can she get.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I think Vennels got really lucky .
Sunak calling a general election on the day she appears .
So she’s number two on the news and not on the front pages.
How lucky can she get.

Thankfully, I’ve not seen any news apart from Rishi dodging the rain.

As for Vennells, she’s got day 3 to come tomorrow. And I doubt she’ll get a glowing reference in the Inquiry report. As for her appearance on the news, she’s getting slaughtered. Doubt there’s much left of her good reputation.