Post Lockdown Competitions 2021 ?? - How are you getting on? Are you playing in one this week?

Boomy

Visit site
New back (Sept 20) to playing golf after a 10 year break and I’m playing in my first competition today in well over 11 years... White tees, medal format on Silloth - should be fun ? How are you getting on in competitions this season? Are you playing today? ??‍♂️

Last edited:

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tomorrow I will be playing my 11th "qualifier" (bogey) since the end of lockdown - a very mixed bag of results but a very encouraging 37 points in the Seniors Stableford yesterday, slightly embarrassed by having a "soft cap" on my WHS record.

Boomy

Visit site
Tomorrow I will be playing my 11th "qualifier" (bogey) since the end of lockdown - a very mixed bag of results but a very encouraging 37 points in the Seniors Stableford yesterday, slightly embarrassed by having a "soft cap" on my WHS record.

Have a great game! That’s a cracking score and so early in the season ??

Boomy

Visit site
Was supposed to be today in a medal unfortunately frozen greens early.
Typical weather is beautiful

The one thing we can’t control - darn weather! Often the case after a cold start, hope you can get out later or tomorrow ??‍♂️

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Stableford tomorrow is also a qualifier for bigger competition. Yesterday had a great 7am round with a lifelong Cat 1 golfer who said he’s never seen my game in such good shape, so I’m hoping to take that to the white tees but not putting any pressure on myself at the same time. First one back. Will just enjoy being out with the lads ??

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I’m trying to play today but couldn’t book in advance as wasn’t sure of my availability today. The tee sheet is booked up solid.

Annoyingly everyone has booked a slot and people keep cancelling their names off ten mins before they tee off which is too late for me to join and get up there.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m trying to play today but couldn’t book in advance as wasn’t sure of my availability today. The tee sheet is booked up solid.

Annoyingly everyone has booked a slot and people keep cancelling their names off ten mins before they tee off which is too late for me to join and get up there.

I’d just go To the club and wait for a slot there, based on cancellation last so far would you be waiting over an hour? It’s a pain I know but it’s be better than not playing surely?

Ps don’t get me wrong it sucks!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
not today, did last week and next Sat is our first Silver trophy, The findley Cup , which traditionally allows Inverness and Fortrose members to play, so that will go ahead now other players can travel and the ban on visitors is lifted.

Did put a supp score in today as it was so nice, Hit the ball ok but putted crap, gross 79 with 5 three putts

D

Deleted member 3432

New back (Sept 20) to playing golf after a 10 year break and I’m playing in my first competition today in well over 11 years... White tees, medal format on Silloth - should be fun ? How are you getting on in competitions this season? Are you playing today? ??‍♂️

White tees, Stableford format so that should be a suprise for you :p

77 shots so at least will get rid of one of the junk cards from my HI, but considering a lost ball and taking an unplayable a case of what could have been.

Hit it solid for 13 holes and holed nothing then hit it sideways for the last 5 holes and got it up and down from everywhere :rolleyes:

Boomy

Visit site
White tees, Stableford format so that should be a suprise for you :p

77 shots so at least will get rid of one of the junk cards from my HI, but considering a lost ball and taking an unplayable a case of what could have been.

Hit it solid for 13 holes and holed nothing then hit it sideways for the last 5 holes and got it up and down from everywhere :rolleyes:

Pleasantly surprised to find out it was stableford as I’d been told it was medal... thank bejeebus it wasn’t... I couldn’t hit a barn door with a tractor today ? Only lost 1 ball (on 18 ?) but couldn’t get tee shots away, inconsistent irons and dreadful putting led to 27 points - gotta start somewhere ?

Well done on your 77 - cracking knock that ??‍♂️Wonder if 47 points will win it like Wednesday ?

D

Deleted member 3432

Pleasantly surprised to find out it was stableford as I’d been told it was medal... thank bejeebus it wasn’t... I couldn’t hit a barn door with a tractor today ? Only lost 1 ball (on 18 ?) but couldn’t get tee shots away, inconsistent irons and dreadful putting led to 27 points - gotta start somewhere ?

Well done on your 77 - cracking knock that ??‍♂️Wonder if 47 points will win it like Wednesday ?

Don't think 47 will win, maybe 44 or 45 as it doesn't much friendlier than today.

Trying to get my game back on track after 2 or 3 years of poor play so I will take the 77 but there is much better golf in there, just need to eliminate the big left shot which has turned low/mid 70's into low 80's the last couple of years.

Up to Penrith on Monday for a lesson so hopefully things will slot into place shortly especially as my iron play seems to be in a better place than it was. Just need to find the fairway, missed both 14 and 17 which cost me 3 shots.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Blimey, some good stuff going on here.

Me? First medal for ages. Back tees, first time for ages. Golf? Some good (Eagle on 12), some bad, too many doubles to mention. 86, net 75.

Never really felt like a comp. On the other hand, it's the first golf this year that I actually enjoyed playing. Prior to this I was thinking of giving up, but today, it was fun.

(Fun is fun, it's not about how you play.)

D

Deleted member 15344

Solid round today - bit of a poor start on frosty greens , then got going and managed a few birdies on the back 9 - level par in the end

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
One thing I would note, at no point did it feel like a comp / qualifying round. It was just a game of golf. Is this good? Not sure. It lacked edge.

D

Deleted member 3432

One thing I would note, at no point did it feel like a comp / qualifying round. It was just a game of golf. Is this good? Not sure. It lacked edge.

I agree, in the past I always knew where I stood with my score whether it be for a cut or .1 back. Just felt like a round of golf where I was trying to make the lowest score I could but clueless what it meant handicap wise.