Playing in the rain!

Meeko

Hacker
Visit site
Okay so in the bright ugly skies of Edinburgh it's currently grey and pouring down with rain. I'm about to set off and play a round in what can only be described as hideous conditons. Ground is soaked and the rain has been on/off heavy more or less all day. I would just cancel but I can't as my cousin has travelled halfway through the country to play me today and there is nothing I would love more than to just destroy him.

I've played in the rain before and have some waterproof gear(trousers,jacket,glove,umbrella etc) so no worries on that front. Any tips for playing in this crappy weather would be appreciated. :mmm:

Hickory_Hacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Okay so in the bright ugly skies of Edinburgh it's currently grey and pouring down with rain. I'm about to set off and play a round in what can only be described as hideous conditons. Ground is soaked and the rain has been on/off heavy more or less all day. I would just cancel but I can't as my cousin has travelled halfway through the country to play me today and there is nothing I would love more than to just destroy him.

I've played in the rain before and have some waterproof gear(trousers,jacket,glove,umbrella etc) so no worries on that front. Any tips for playing in this crappy weather would be appreciated. :mmm:

Simple tactic ... Make every effort to stay as dry as possible for as long as possible.

It's raining here at the Costa in Bruntsfield, have fun :fore:

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Put your towel in up into your umbrella supports. Have some spare gloves and put them in zip bags. Dont put too many cloths on if you think you will be in waterproofs all round. Cover your clubs up and keep them dry!

Meeko

Hacker
Visit site
Was hoping the weather would be nice today seeing as this is my last few hits before I travel to Blackpool on Monday for a few round so would have liked to set off on a positive note. Never mind eh! :D

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was hoping the weather would be nice today seeing as this is my last few hits before I travel to Blackpool on Monday for a few round so would have liked to set off on a positive note. Never mind eh! :D

HID told me this morning that its going to rain all next month....

Jack_bfc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

The sun always shines in Blackpool......... Honest;)

markgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
tell him you got bad guts on the 5th and walk in easy i always do that when i need to get away from someone